What's new

Anybody with VZW -S3 getting Iphone 5

4truegrit

Reaction score
I currently have the Galaxy S 3 on Verizon and really enjoy it, think it's a great phone. I want to get iPhone 5, but only if I can use it on the same Verizon line that I use my S 3, just swap back and forth. I understand iphone 5 take a nano Sim card, and the S 3 uses micro. Now that iPhone 5 is 4 G L T E, will it be possible to put the nano into a micro sim adapter and use in an S 3 and also in the new I pad 4 G L T E on Verizon which uses a micro sim too?

I'm not sure how that will work. Verizon is kind of different in that they use CDMA for 3G data. I have the S3 on AT&T and have ordered a nano to micro sim adapter so that I can use both phones.

When I was with Verizon you had to go online and activate and deactivate which devices you wanted to use. Once you deactivated the other phone you couldn't use it until you went through the procedure online again, deactivating the one you were not using.
If you are going from a 4g to 3G phone and, tried to go back to the 4g phone, you had to get another sim card. I went through that when I tried out a 4g phone and went back to the iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought I would go back and forth between my Bionic and the iPhone4 but in order to do that I would have to go into Verizon and get a new sim card for the Bionic every time. Not sure if that would be the case for the S3/iPhone5 though.

I thought I would go back and forth between my Bionic and the iPhone4 but in order to do that I would have to go into Verizon and get a new sim card for the Bionic every time. Not sure if that would be the case for the S3/iPhone5 though.

That's the same phone I was trying to do it with. Since the S3 and IPhone 5 are both 4g phones it may be a little easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Verizon iPhone 5 not a world phone as I know it. doesn't have a SIM card.