What's new

Google+ now available

So I got some of yall on there as acquaintances, how do you have a huddle or whatever, is it like a chatroomish thing?

The only good thing about Google + in my opinion is the fact that there are "circles" which allow you to share things only with certain circles... i.e. if you are partying you don't share the pics and stuff with your family or acquaintance circle. the other thing is the live video chat, which Facebook really hasn't implemented yet. google + sort of forces you to figure out who your friends really are and what you are going to share with them because on Facebook you pretty much share with everyone. I currently don't really have a need for it, but yes, sorta cool, but looking blank right now sucks. the one fun thing is the nearby feed on my iPhone where I can see who has been checking in around me... Although this is implemented by many other apps.. still fun..

There's talk right now in circles about people joining and then doing nothing on the G+ page. You need to fill out a profile and list as many interesting things as possible, so if someone checks your profile they'll see they share some of the same interest.

You can't join G+ and think its suppose to do something, i started with one friend, i now have around 50 people in my circles with a wide range of topics, the less you limit yourself the better.

The first thing people need to do is create a google account, then get an invite, google now gave 150 invites to each of their members so there should be no shortages of invites.

mariuss said:
i have 150 free invitations too so...

What. Is that a joke? I stated I had 150 invitations for people who wanted to try the beta. Well its open now so it doesn't matter

yeah its open signup now so you can take those 150 invites and send them to yourself

I cant find a use for it.. Unless my real friends jump ship from FB.. i wont use it.

Same here.

I know one FB friend who is using it and that's it atm.

Same here.

I know one FB friend who is using it and that's it atm.

You can inter-act with people in your nearby, google plus is not meant to allow you to communicate only with your friends on Facebook but a lot more than that. Try it and you will see.

so all you guys no converting over are all followers ? well im a leader and converted a long time ago