What's new

Google Drive Out Now for iOS

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

Google is certainly making a lot of exciting announcements this week at its I/O, with The Next Web reporting hot off the press that aside from announcing Chrome for iOS, Google has also just announced that Google Drive is now available in the App Store for iOS. Basically, Google Drive enables you to access your files on the go, as well as share them, and edit them in real time. It also enables you to save files for offline viewing. 9to5 Mac writes that during the announcement today, Director of Google Apps Product Management Clay Bavor demonstrated how he could use the Optical Character Recognition feature in the app to search for an untitled image of a “pyramid,” which sounds like pretty impressive stuff on your iPad or iPhone. Google is obviously very pleased with Drive, as the cloud storage system has only been out for 10 weeks, yet already has 10 million users. Google also starts you off with 5GB of free storage along with the free app.

Click here to download Google Drive: App Store - Google Drive

Source: Google announces that Google Drive is now available on iOS and Chrome OS - The Next Web
Google Drive comes to iOS | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
Google

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks promising. I have it linked to Polaris office without problems. Right now it's slightly lacking in the upload area for anything else. Can't upload pictures to it from the iPhone yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk