What's new

I need help

iCrank

Reaction score
Not with a idevice. I need help with adding my own avatar. I created 3 versions of it , jpg, png & gif. Dimensions are 80 by 80 I've been trying to the last few hours. Now my eyes are shuttering.

iPhone 4 16gb Black 4.2.8 JB / Snowbreeze (Verizon) iPad 64gb 4.3.2 JB/ Redsnow (AT&T)

Attachments

• $image-3736277134.jpg
    $image-3736277134.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 408
Choose User CP from the links at the top of the screen. On the left choose Edit Avatar. Under Custom Avatar click on Use Custom Avatar. Under Option 2 click on Browse and browse to the folder on your computer where the avatar picture is located. After you've chosen the file click on Save Changes. Note that not only does the avatar need to be no larger than 80x80 pixels, but it can't be any larger than 19.5KB.

Choose User CP from the links at the top of the screen. On the left choose Edit Avatar. Under Custom Avatar click on Use Custom Avatar. Under Option 2 click on Browse and browse to the folder on your computer where the avatar picture is located. After you've chosen the file click on Save Changes. Note that not only does the avatar need to be no larger than 80x80 pixels, but it can't be any larger than 19.5KB.

Im doing that. No matter what I do I get unable to save image.

I to went threw the same issue's and i finally just gave up and used one of the one's they had already made up. You are not alone on this.

Hmmmm...Just for the heck of it I downloaded the image that you posted, which was 280x280, and resized it to 80x80. I then tried to use it to change my own avatar. I got the same results as you. I even tried converting it first to a PSD and then back to jpg. No difference. Have you tried first telling it to "do not use an avatar" and then going back in and trying the upload again?

My avatar did not come from this site. I stole it from somewhere else on the web and uploaded it, so I know that the process can work. Wish I could help.

DaveM said:
Hmmmm...Just for the heck of it I downloaded the image that you posted, which was 280x280, and resized it to 80x80. I then tried to use it to change my own avatar. I got the same results as you. I even tried converting it first to a PSD and then back to jpg. No difference. Have you tried first telling it to "do not use an avatar" and then going back in and trying the upload again?

My avatar did not come from this site. I stole it from somewhere else on the web and uploaded it, so I know that the process can work. Wish I could help.

That was the first thing that I did. I saved the file to 80x80 and lower I have so many copies of it saved on my computer. I just can't get it to work. I even loaded them to my albums on my profile. Still nothing.

jbs06civicsi said:
I to went threw the same issue's and i finally just gave up and used one of the one's they had already made up. You are not alone on this.

For some reason I can't quit trying. I'm watching rio now but as soon as it goes off I'm going to try again

I changed my avatar at ipadforums.net using the avatar I made with no issues. I guess it's a forum issue since I'm not the only person having the problem. Or the forum hates the Washington redskins? Lol.

Very strange, but it did seem like the problem had to be in this site. So odd that it would work for some people but not others. I don't think I'd bother to play the lottery this week if I were you. :)

DaveM said:
Very strange, but it did seem like the problem had to be in this site. So odd that it would work for some people but not others. I don't think I'd bother to play the lottery this week if I were you. :)

Hahaha. Don't worry I won't.