What's new

Google Map app

Jack772

Reaction score
When will the app Google Map be available?
Thanks,
Jack

Google announced they will not have a separate app. But you can use the web mobile app as an alternative.

Google announced they will not have a separate app. But you can use the web mobile app as an alternative.

Please paste a link from a Google press release that says they will not have an iOS Maps app. Because everything I have read says that Google is working on one right now.

Sadly, for both of us, your date trumps mine by a week. Apparently I quit following the issue to soon.

Thank you very much for the link. And this is a real set back in my opinion.

Jkbane said:

Actually the article says they are not working on a separate app, not that they will not produce one.
... Or did I miss something?

zphone said:
Actually the article says they are not working on a separate app, not that they will not produce one.
... Or did I miss something?

That's the impression I got as well. The fact that they are not currently working on an iPhone/iPad app at this time doesn't mean that they will never do so in the future.

It in all reality doesn't change the iOS navigation situation. Just left out of a google navigation app. We still have to use a third party navigation app like mapsquest or waze.

But I still really want google maps.

Sounds like to me that google and apple are constantly talking. So something might get worked out. Apple left a contract early and now google can sit back and get paid for not doing anything. If they want to.

Hoping they listen to the consumer more than the company battles. But we the consumer get caught in the cross fire.

Both companies will listen to any money you have for them. Not being cynical but they are companies that make money. I think there are really good reasons for google to make a iOS maps app once they see how little this affects iPhone sales over the next few months.

I totally see why Google doesn't make one. Since Apple decided to make their own map app with no Google and now some iPhone users are unhappy. Its a selling point to buy android.
I'm personally disappointed.

I am starting to see reasons why they should produce a map app. All we can really do is wait and see. It will take at least one full quarter to see any change in direction.

In the meantime I have been using the apple maps and finding it's not as bad as the complaints make it out to be. Of course it's area specific and YMMV.

I think everyone is making too big of a deal about this. Use the iPhone Maps. If that fails you use Mapquest. Just have more then one and you can't go wrong.

And as I have said before Google Maps is not infallible.