What's new

Good news on ios 5 untethered jailbreak

Yes!. Well newdestinyx is banned now I just noticed. It would have been heaven to see him eat his words if the jailbreak actually comes out this week. I CAN'T WAIT to get my winterboard back. If I saved all thru that cydia app called pd backup thru drop box. Should I be able to get all my settings and apps back via it after the jailbreak?

yes you should

Anyone have any info on the unlock? I'm guessing after it's jailbroken people will start working on unlocking it. I also know that musclenerd has twitted a few times on being very close to unlocking it as well.

He has started working on a 4S unlock but he is not even remotely close to being done.

Even better news!!!!! Apparently pod2g made more progress after his twitter announcement this morning. He is now saying the jailbreak will be released THIS WEEK!!!

Screen-Shot-2012-01-03-at-4.24.14-PM.png

YAY!!!!

Are we sure that that is indeed the "real" pod2g? I just want to be sure before I start jumping in my bed... xD

lysin said:
Are we sure that that is indeed the "real" pod2g? I just want to be sure before I start jumping in my bed... xD

Yeah he did wrote that himself so start jumping :)

I'm not 100% sure because out of the hundreds of times I have asked pod2g to confirm or deny if his facebook page is "official" or not he has never given me a response :p However, there have been a few occasions when news was posted on the Facebook page before he announced the same news on his Twitter account so I don't know how they would have access to that information if it wasn't official.

*crossing my fingers for a release this week*

I'm not 100% sure because out of the hundreds of times I have asked pod2g to confirm or deny if his facebook page is "official" or not he has never given me a response :p However, there have been a few occasions when news was posted on the Facebook page before he announced the same news on his Twitter account so I don't know how they would have access to that information if it wasn't official.

*crossing my fingers for a release this week*

I just updated my iPad 2 just in case

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=18.513050,-69.962901

It's been a week!!!

Hopefully there will be an update soon...

(Interesting that newdestinyx is banned... He must have been genuinely argumentative!)

It was supposed to be a week but the method he had to inject the jailbreak couldn't be released publicly, so I'm guessing that the 1 week projection was abandoned...

Right?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Im guessing that's correct. The codesign exploit requires you to have a developer account, so they won't be releasing that method.

And following that:

"@MuscleNerd @saurik And greetings to @planetbeing for the coding + research. Really great stuff to escape from the sandbox."

"Sorry, we can't release the A5 for the developers, the exploit used have to be kept secret. I know this is unfair."

By @pod2g

At least now we know we're moving forward! Thank you Dream Team!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net