What's new

GEVEY Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 Recalled

Ah, ok. From what I gathered from your posts, I thought you were saying Gevey used the same free method and charged for it. I didn't know they tried to sell it as a hardware unlock. But, aren't all Gevey unlocks software based? If you update the firmware(and consequently, the BB) on an iPhone 4, you can lose your Gevey unlock.

No, all Gevey unlocks are hardware unlocks. The SIM interposer that you put in your SIM tray is hardware. Software unlock means that the unlock is done entirely by software(no interposer needed).

No, all Gevey unlocks are hardware unlocks. The SIM interposer that you put in your SIM tray is hardware. Software unlock means that the unlock is done entirely by software(no interposer needed).
\

Gotcha, thanks for replying to my numerous posts.

One last question, doesn't the Gevey in question come with an interposer, like the one I had for my iPhone 4? I had to install a Gevey file from Cydia for my i4 Gevey unlock.

\

Gotcha, thanks for replying to my numerous posts.

One last question, doesn't the Gevey in question come with an interposer, like the one I had for my iPhone 4? I had to install a Gevey file from Cydia for my i4 Gevey unlock.

No problem! The Gevey itself is the interposer, the software you downloaded from Cyida, Furious Mod, was a package that allowed you to unlock without dialing an emergency number. Newer revisions of Gevey do not require this software anymore.