What's new

GEVEY Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 Recalled

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the GEVEY™ Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 will no longer unlock the iPhone 4. The unlocking mechanism used in this model was based on Loktar Sun's discovery of an Apple server logic error that took advantage of an ICCID bug to unlock the iPhone modem firmware. On April 27, Apple fixed this bug.Apple N Berry, LLC is accepting returns for all GEVEY™ Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 purchased on our website. Customers who haven't received their shipment yet will automatically receive a full refund via their payment method chosen during checkout. Paypaly usually returns funds to user accounts within 10 days after we issue refunds.

warning_32.png

All other GEVEY™ hardware unlock solutions continue to unlock their respective iPhone models. This recall is only for GEVEY™ Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 SKU GV-00-0010.
Shanghai Ai Guan Digital Technology Co., Ltd., the rights holder of GEVEY™ brand products, is taking full responsibility for this recall and has vowed to avoid incorporating server-side exploits in future GEVEY™ products.Again, all customers who have purchased the GEVEY™ Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 SKU GV-00-0010 will automatically receive a full, unconditional refund from Apple N Berry, LLC, including all applicable shipping and insurance fees.

We realize that a simple apology will not suffice for many loyal customers. We are working on future product updates and will surely make good on our commitment to customer satisfaction.

Apple N Berry | Blog - GEVEY Ultra 5.1 for GSM iPhone 4 Recalled

That was suicide for them. I predict they will be bankrupt by the end of the year. I definitely will not be referring any of my readers or my friends to them anymore. Despicable.

Can someone make it clear? I have two iphone 4, with baseband 04.10.01 and 04.11.08 and m counting to unlock them with gevey sim after updating them to 5.1
Does it work? the phone with 4.10.1 bb is already unlocked with gevey sim on 4.3.1 if i update to 5.1 preserving bb the unlock wont work??

Jmills87 said:
That was suicide for them. I predict they will be bankrupt by the end of the year. I definitely will not be referring any of my readers or my friends to them anymore. Despicable.

How so? They made a mistake and they're doing an excellent job trying to fix it. Gevey has been making working unlock sims for a while, they won't lose many customers.

How so? They made a mistake and they're doing an excellent job trying to fix it. Gevey has been making working unlock sims for a while, they won't lose many customers.

They were charging $50 for a software unlock(that they didn't even develop) that was already available for free.... They will lose TONS of customers, trust me. I already know several high profile sites that have pulled their sponsorship and they have already received tons of backlash on Twitter.

Jmills87 said:
They were charging $50 for a software unlock(that they didn't even develop) that was already available for free.... They will lose TONS of customers, trust me. I already know several high profile sites that have pulled their sponsorship and they have already received tons of backlash on Twitter.

Why did anyone purchase the software if it was free?

Jmills87 said:
Because they packaged Loktar_Sun's software unlock method into their Gevey hardware and attempted to pass it off as their own.

If there wasn't any other practical way for consumers to use this unlock, how is that a bad thing?

Last edited:
Mr.Mischief said:
If there wasn't any other practical way for consumers to use this unlock, how is that a bad thing?

Lol. There was a practical way. When SAM worked, so did Gevey....but the hole was patched so neither of them work now.

They were both doing the "same exact" thing, except for one difference besides the hardware thing......Gevey cost $50 and SAM was free.

It's not like one worked and the other didn't. They both worked, and when Apple fixed the bug, they both stopped working.

There was a practical way... it was the SAM method, a free method developed by Loktar_Sun. Gevey was upset that they were losing business over this new free unlock method, so they used someone else's work that had been released for free and started charging people $50 for it.... How is that NOT a bad thing?

Jmills87 said:
There was a practical way... it was the SAM method, a free method developed by Loktar_Sun. Gevey was upset that they were losing business over this new free unlock method, so they used someone else's work that had been released for free and started charging people $50 for it.... How is that NOT a bad thing?

But, if people were using Loktar_Sun before Gevey, why would anyone go to Gevey?

The only reason I can think of is if Gevey was more practical or easier.

Mr.Mischief said:
But, if people were using Loktar_Sun before Gevey, why would anyone go to Gevey?

Why would people go to Gevey??????

Because they did not know any better......obviously.

Ummm no. They went to Gevey thinking that they were purchasing a hardware unlock(which cannot be patched as long as you stay on a compatible baseband). However, since Gevey tried to rip off Loktar_Sun's work, their SIM died when the SAM unlock died and they were forced to come clean about what they had done.

I'm not sure why you are so intent on defending them... they lied, cheated, stole work from other people and then sold it as their own. They do not deserve to be defended.

Last edited:
Why would people go to Gevey??????

Because they did not know any better......obviously.

Gotcha:)

Ummm no. They went to Gevey thinking that they were purchasing a hardware unlock(which cannot be patched as long as you stay on a compatible baseband). However, since Gevey tried to rip off Loktar_Sun's work, their SIM died when the SAM unlock died and they were forced to come clean about what they had done.

Ah, ok. From what I gathered from your posts, I thought you were saying Gevey used the same free method and charged for it. I didn't know they tried to sell it as a hardware unlock. But, aren't all Gevey unlocks software based? If you update the firmware(and consequently, the BB) on an iPhone 4, you can lose your Gevey unlock.