What's new

From 6.0 to 5.1.1 Seriously, doesnt work not for me only!!!

nxxs

Reaction score
Hello guys, seems i`m new at this forum. But at least, this forum is so big that its pretty hard to find usefull information (need to fix some search priorities i guess ( this is for administration) :) ).

Okey, so i`ve god a serious attention into the downgrading my iphone`s 3GS iOS from 6.0 to 5.1.1. Im trying to do this just for one reason (aftter jailbreaking, unlocking 6.0 IOs, after rebootin device you should use tethered booting for your devide to get cydia loaded). This one is not good for me. On 5.1.1 iOS everything works fine.

So guys, i know that there are a lot of information in the internet, on the google and so on.. but i`m getting some unknow errors, which i couldn`t fix.

Steps:
1. Correct or delete host file from Windows > system32 > drivers > etc folder.
2. Open Tiny umbrella (v6.01v01) and start TSS server.
3. Open redsn0w 0.9.15b3
3.1. on redsn0w goes Extras > Select IPSW > select 5.1.1 firmware (downloaded from clarified site).
3.2. Than set the iphone into the dfu mode pressing Pwnd DFU on redsn0w.
4. Open Itunes (10.7.0.21).
4.1. Press the Restore button on Itunes holding the Shift button.
4.2. Select your firmware you want to install into your iphone (5.1.1 firmware downloaded from clarified site).
5. Starting restore process.
5.1. Getting error 1600.

Guys, i know you know this bug. Im very active so i`ll respond as fast as possible to get some information for you if u need.

You're missing the most important part. You need the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 for your iPhone 3GS. According to what you're saying at the beginning, at one point you were jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 correct? If so, open up TinyUmbrella, connect your 3GS, then click the "Save SHSH" or "Save All SHSH" on the top right area of the main page. Then in the middle of the page, there's a white box with 3 tabs, "General", "Log" and "Advanced". In the General tab, you should see a line that says "iPhone 3GS 5.1.1" or "iPhone2,1_5.1.1", that's the blobs you're looking for. If you see it, then it's on Cydia's server and you can continue to the next bit.

Method 1:
Open up RedSn0w (run as Admin), go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the 5.1.1 IPSW that you downloaded and tried using in the original post. Then for blobs, you can "remotely" retrieve them. Click remote and RedSn0w will do something similar to TinyUmbrella, and will retrieve your blobs but this time it'll use it. Prompts will ask about are you sure you want to restore, things'll be deleted, etc etc. Yes to them all. Then it'll stitch and restore your device.

If you run into any errors outside of 3194 or 160X, start TSS like you did originally and put your iPhone into Pwned DFU.

Method 2:
If you want to use iTunes like you did originally to downgrade, open up RedSn0w, go to Extras > SHSH blobs > Fetch. This will retrieve your blobs. Or, if want to use the blobs you saved in the first chunk of this post, you can go to Extras > SHSH bobs > Stitch, select IPSW, and point it to the 5.1.1 IPSW you have in your original post, then click "Local" for the Blobs section, and point it to C:\User\<Username>\.shsh (by default; you might have to show hidden folders and files). Find the "XXXXXXXXXXXX-iPhone2,1_5.1.1.shsh". Then click Next to stitch. Now you'll have a new IPSW that's stitched with your blobs. From this point on, USE THIS NEW IPSW. Repeat what you did originally, but instead of using the 5.1.1 you downloaded, use this NEW 5.1.1 IPSW that you made.

Last edited:
Thanks willerz2, u helped me a little bit, really. But few things till is stucked in my head:
* If u want to save your shsh blobs, your device must be jailbroken or not?
* If u don`t have saved SHSH blobs for, let it be, 5.1.1 iOS, there is not chance to downgrade / upgrade your device into this iOS ?
* Is there any trick to avoid tethered boot via redsn0w in order to reach CYDIA on your device with 6.0.1 iOS version ?

1) Yes and no. If you jailbreak and open up Cydia at least once during the window where the iOS is being signed, the SHSH blobs will be saved on Cydia's server. But, if you're not jailbroken, you can use TinyUmbrella to retrieve blobs. Just make sure that you untick Retrieve SHSH blobs from Cydia under Advanced so that you're retrieving them from Apple instead.

2) No, absolutely no chance at all. This goes for all devices that are downgradeable.

3) As in being able to use Cydia if you haven't booted tethered? Nope. You have to boot tethered to access Cydia. Even on a semi-tethered, you still need to boot tether to access Cydia.

Another question, There is one iPhone 3GS on my right, and i bought it from ebay, and the seller told me that it`s for parts or non working only. I couldnt believe him, cuz the creen was showing smth (like "connect to itunes" image). So, I installed 4.1 iOS into this 3GS, but at the end of the installation the redsn0w showed me the error with 1013 number. Same thing when i was trying to install the 6.0.1 iOS into same 3GS. Tiny Umbrella shows me the Model of this iPhone, like: MC555LL/A - INVALID.
* Does it mean that this iPhone is bricked, i mean, the hardware is broken or smth like that ? Cuz when device is turned on, i cant see the IMEI number, the Basebands version, cant access wifi and bluetooth. Maybe its possible to do smth with this device instead of bringing it the apple store?
By the way, i really appreciate you willerz2, i unlocked 3 iPhones without any problems, downgraded 2 of them into 4.1, upgraded into 6.0.1 iOS without any problems. Really big THANKS to you Sir! :)

The baseband chip in the case of this 3GS is most likely modded or bricked from attempting to be modded. Modding and replacing the baseband chipset is in the grey area since it's a known technique for bypassing blacklisted IMEIs, and iPhoneForums does not condone that sorry. Apple probably won't fix it as well, and if they do fix it, the cost would be the same as buying an iPhone 4.

Im one hundret percent agree with you, today showed one of my iPhones to the some knd of fixman, who fixes iPhnes, and told me, that this fix doest worth to be fixed, lol. :) So there are still many questions in my head, about 6.0.1. I used to use ths version one of my jailbroken 3GS, and found, that Navigation ( i mean, default maps) doesnt work properly with 05.16.00 baseband (It`s ipad baseband, if i`m wrong, please correct me). The action starts, when i`m trying to use default maps on 6.0.1 and trying to find a rout from my current location to the anywhere else, like some kind of street of my city. The radio signal and wifi / 3G (any internet connection) wents off, radio signal changes to NO SERVICE and after few seconds everything cames back. This process continues everytime i use maps. As i understand, when i`m using the maps, my device trying to catch or send the information throw 2 signal methods in one time (internet connection (to download maps) and radio anthena (to find my current location). Anyone kows something about this ? I though, this happens cuz of ipad baseband version, but after installing the 4.1 iOS into same device with same baseband version, verything works fine. So decided, that new maps on 6.0.1 started to using the data different. Every little information about that are really welcome, pls be free..

One idea shooted in my head:
Maybe anyone have tried other MAP application without any problems ?

So one more important thing, I reinstalled my iOS on 3GS device with first 5 digits of Serial number: 87107, wich means 2001 and 07 week of iphones born, as i understood. I installed ipads baseband previously, so it stays on 05.16.00.
So, fresh iOS 6.0.1 and still my default Maps application makes my radio signal go to No Service if i`m trying to find any location in Maps. Is it possible to Restore the baseband into original version or any suggestion what to do ? i believe, this is basebands fault.

The stock maps has problems, and is a known bug that Apple hasn't fixed yet, but there are replacement map apps.

Well, i can make a list which i have tried:Maps+ , Google Earth (this one just by mistake but still the same problem with No Service), MapQuest, Waze social GPS traffic, GPS by TeleNav and few more. Everyone gives me the same error with No Service, which means, when i`m using the map, every 5 - 10s my internet connection and radio signal jut resets (ofcourse, i am able to use the maps, but this takes time and the radio signal message with No Service doesnt look so sweet...). But like i said, with 4.1 iOS version everything works fine, even its jailbroken

And by the way, really thanks for comment, you made my thinking a little bit calmer, i mean, cuz of iOS 6.0.. bug by maps. Hope its really a BUG :/

I think in your case, since you're on the iPad baseband, it's the known iPad baseband gps bug. You can fix this through some Cydia tweaks

I believe i found a solution just now! In the setings just turned off the location service for Maps application and everything goes normal! I hope this will work longer than 5min of browsing the maps non stop, lol. As i mention, its the new maps programmers way to improve, i believe, faster maps browsing, they trying to use internet connection and the radio signal for location services work in the same time, that gives the error and radio signal just restarting in that case the internet connection too (eve if it was the wifi). Thats my report.. :maps:

Wow willerz2, im Holding my eyes in very tense possition to read your comment about those twaks, ofcourse, if you now smth else about it. First time im reading this, thanks.