What's new

downgrade from 6 to 5.1.1 issues

crybabys said:
sorry if i hijack.
is there any way i can unlock my iPhone 4s that's on sprint to use with straight talk. i'm currently using Version 6.0 (10A403). FirmWare: 3.0.04. is there any hope. i never had any issues in the past. this is my 3rd iPhone i was able to unlock others and jailbreak. but now I see that there's not much support for this version. any help will be highly appreciated.

You could try talking to Sprint and asking about getting it unlocked. You can't jailbreak your phone at this time because a jailbreak for iOS 6 has not yet been developed and released. Keep checking the hacking section for a jailbreak announcement. As soon as an iOS 6 jailbreak is released, it will be announced there.

Last edited:
instructions would be much appreciated tec2tec.. cause i have the exact same problem and i tried everything...really everything (i'm a jailbreaker since the first iphone 2G till now (iphone4)) Thanks...

It seems the problem is the baseband update that IOS 6 installs that give fits. I downgraded to 5.0.1,then built a new ispw with redsnow for a custom firmware without baseband changes and it loaded fine and works great! Maybe this will help someone else. I did used the latest redsnow app to build the ispw' and this ispw,( NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore ) And of coarse my saved shsh blobs!