What's new

Restoring ios 6.0 to 5.1.1

Insane225

Reaction score
I am trying to restore my ios 6.0 back to 5.1.1 but I keep getting unknown error (3194) and iTunes is not letting me restore it. My iPhone was jailbroken on 5.1.1, and I heard that may have something to do with why it's being like that, but I don't know how to fix it so I can restore.

What generation iPhone are you trying to downgrade? If its a 4s it is impossible to downgrade

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

My apologies, I knew I was forgetting some information but I was in a rush. lol.

I have a iPhone 4 (CDMA). I had upgraded to 6.0, and saw that Cydia isn't available yet, and decided to downgrade, and it's not letting me. It's giving me that error. I managed to restore a fresh version of 6.0 on there, but still can't downgrade from that error.

There is a way to put cydia on a jailbroken 4 running iOS 6 but you would have to do it through terminal If I remember correctly. As for your problems with trying to go back to 5.1.1 I'm not sure but someone should come along who will have the answers for you

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Well I'm not sure iTunes will downgrade it u might have to use Sn0wbreeze or redsn0w n u have to have saved ur shsh blobs to downgrade if u didn't saved it ur outta luck at least that's wut I think someone will correct me if I'm wrong

it will downgrade to 4.1 . i had also updated it 6.0. bt dnt knw how to . cuz shopkeeper did it.
nd now its not updating to 5.0.1 plz help.

I'm not sure I understand but it sounds like u downgraded to 4.1 but then u or u had someone update it to 6.0 now ur tryin to go to 5.0.1 u can only go back to it if u saved ur shsh blobs apple isn't signing 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 ne more so ur stuck if u didn't save ur shsh blobs n u can use ne 1 elses

I would like to put Cydia on my jailbroken 6.0 using SSH, but everytime I try to connect via SSH I can't get it to connect. I tried multiple SSH apps, and I've confirmed I have the right IP address in. So that's why I decided to downgrade.

Well i don't know too much bout ssh but if ur iPhone was jailbroken it should have cydia installed but the best thing I can do for is google how to install cydia using ssh n look at that

Well i don't know too much bout ssh but if ur iPhone was jailbroken it should have cydia installed but the best thing I can do for is google how to install cydia using ssh n look at that

I upgraded to ios 6.0 with intentions of jailbreaking, but after updating, I realized that you can jailbreak 6.0, but they haven't converted Cydia in with the jailbreak yet. Then I tried downgrading to 5.1.1 again so I could have all my apps back because right now I have a phone full of un-loaded apps. Then I can't find a way to downgrade, because I get a different error everytime I try. So my alternative is to get Cydia on my 6.0 via SSH (which is the only method i've discovered to get Cydia on 6.0). But no matter which SSH app I try I can't get SSH to connect. So basically all I want to do is get Cydia back, but I'm having trouble doing so. I'll downgrade, or add it to my 6.0 via SSH, but I'm running into problems either way.

For those of you using the iPhone 4S, "Cydia" isn't working correctly for me, because the firmware needs to be updated to 6.0; my iTunes is updated and that's working fine but the problem started when Apple did their thing weeks ago, it never ends with these people; now I can't update, delete or download any applications until Cydia comes up with a new 6.0 jail break, it's my opinion that trying to get it from 6.0 back to 5.1.1 is a waste of time; been there done that with 5.0, I'm standing by until the new jail break comes through!

Last edited:
Ok so I looked around the forums n if u have the 4s u cannot downgrade n if u have ne thing lower than that to downgrade u will have needed to have saved ur shsh blobs from cydia using ifaith or tinyumbrella now a lot of ppl r have a hard time installing cydia via shh majority off them r either gonna downgrade for those that can't only can wait for them to fix it

Just to sum up everything covered here in this thread...... 1) You can Jailbreak iOS 6 on the 4S and previous iDevices... however, it requres SSHing in and manually installing Cyda. AND, it doesn't work proplerly. So, I wouldn't waste my time doing so. 2) Downgrading.... you CANNOT downgrade iOS version on an iPhone 4S. Downgrading is only possible on an iPhone 4 or previous iPhone models. With that said... you must have SHSH's (Blobs) for the specific iOS version you're wishing to downgrade to. There's only two ways to aquire these... you were Jailbroke and running Cydia during the timeframe that Apple was signing the iOS version you're wanting to downgrade to. Or... you manually saved your SHSH's via TinyUmbrella. With these SHSH's you can create a Custom Signed IPSW (iOS version Firmware file) that you can restore to via "Shift-Restore" in iTunes.

Just to sum up everything covered here in this thread...... 1) You can Jailbreak iOS 6 on the 4S and previous iDevices... however, it requres SSHing in and manually installing Cyda. AND, it doesn't work proplerly. So, I wouldn't waste my time doing so. 2) Downgrading.... you CANNOT downgrade iOS version on an iPhone 4S. Downgrading is only possible on an iPhone 4 or previous iPhone models. With that said... you must have SHSH's (Blobs) for the specific iOS version you're wishing to downgrade to. There's only two ways to aquire these... you were Jailbroke and running Cydia during the timeframe that Apple was signing the iOS version you're wanting to downgrade to. Or... you manually saved your SHSH's via TinyUmbrella. With these SHSH's you can create a Custom Signed IPSW (iOS version Firmware file) that you can restore to via "Shift-Restore" in iTunes.

I have a iPhone 4 (CDMA) ios 6.0. Unfortunately I didn't know about SHSH until recently.
My problem is that I keep trying to restore my phone with the 5.1.1 ipsw (iphone 4, cdma--of corse). I recieved an error number, and either google'd or youtube'd how to fix 3 different error numbers until I finally gave up on one of them. But I have no problem restoring to 6.0 (like a clean wipe).
Then my alternative would be to get Cydia via SSH, but even after doing all the correct steps on the SSH app, i still can't get it to connect. i wasn't sure if my computer needed an SSH program, but I downloaded one. Wasn't too sure what to do with it other than the same thing I was doing on the phone app. Neither the phone, or the computer will connect to SSH. I even opened the firewall, disabled it, clicked ok, and tried again. <--- (proper comma use? lol) Firewall on or off, still no connection. I never tried turning the firewall off, restarting the computer, and then trying. But I didn't figure that would matter.
Let me know if you have a solution for me. All I want is Cydia back, either by downgrading for now or getting SSH to work. Thanks for the responces guys, and keep up the awesome work!