What's new

Friend gave me a 3GS to unlock

Darkenvy6

Reaction score
Yes, my friend gave me a 3GS to unlock as he, for some reason, restored the phone. He does not have AT&T and cannot activate the phone because of it. I am unable to unlock or jailbreak it or even let alone find out the firmware. Can someone please help me? Every day my friend is going without a phone :\

UPDATE: I tried using pwngetool with a few ipsws but I just couldn't find the right corresponding one.

Last edited:
hmmmm yes... I was able to unlock the phone by putting my old regular-SIM in it. Now its just an iPod touch for now?

my friend screwed up big time, he doesnt know much about the jailbreak war or technology :\

well unless your fiend uses the same carrier as you, until there is a new unlock for the baseband there is not much you can do

hmmmm yes... I was able to unlock the phone by putting my old regular-SIM in it. Now its just an iPod touch for now?

my friend screwed up big time, he doesnt know much about the jailbreak war or technology :\

Or for a last resort, you can look up for those sim which unlock iPhones, a lot of them are fake and not legit tho, I'm talking about gevey sim and so on. You got to becarefull while going down that road. Good luck.