What's new

Unlocking Iphone 3gs - BELL

iPhone 3gs

Reaction score
Hey, I have an Iphone 3gs 16gb locked to bell, and I need it unlocked

my version is 5.1.1
and firmware is 05.16.05

now how do i successfully unlock my phone with no problems?

if anybody knows let me know thx

You can only unlock the phone if it was manufactured before the 35th week of 2011. You will have to install the iPad baseband through Redsn0w and then install Ultrasn0w in Cydia.

and how do i find out if it was manufactured before that time?

Last edited:
Check the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number. The 3rd digit is the year(i.e. if it was an "8" then your phone was manufactured in 2008). The 4th and 5th digits are the week of that year in which it was manufactured(if the 4th digit is a "3" and the 5th digit is a "5" then your iPhone was manufactured in the 35th week).

Production year: 2011
Production week: 33 (August)

thats what it is

Last edited:
can u give me the linksplz? and this is going to unlock the phone only? i dont want to jail brake it

You must be jailbroken in order to unlock. Use the latest version of Redsn0w and hit "jailbreak" and then once you get to the options screen check the "Install Cydia" and "Install iPad Baseband" options.

and once i do this what is going to stop working? like what is going to change other than it will be unlocked i also had a problem before where when i put in a ism card its says no service like some kind of no service error is this possible?

The iPad baseband is notorious for permanently disabling GPS, although 1 in 10 people on average report no issues with GPS after installing it. It will also permanently void any Apple warranty you might have and there is no way to upgrade or downgrade from that baseband once it has been installed. That being said it is the only way to unlock the phone and baseband you have.

However, if it is locked to AT&T and off contract AT&T might do a carrier unlock for you, although I've heard they are getting stricter about the criteria for unlocking(such as requiring an AT&T account, knowing the phone number the phone was originally assigned, etc.)