What's new

FORGOTTEN IPOD PASSCODE, NOW DISABLED. What do I do?

Niki2000

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I bought my daughter an IPOD 5 for Christmas and she has since put a passcode on it and forgot it. She tried too many times and it has been disabled. She is only 8 and this was our first attempt at an electronic for her. So needless to say she is devistated and I'm a little bitter myself. My question is, How do I fix this problem? It was never synced to our computer. I have tried to connect it to itunes (as directed) but it never completes the process because there is a passcode on it. (Which we don't know) Im not sure what to do and I hate to think that I just wasted $300 for her to play it for 2 weeks. Thank you to anyone who has ideas. Niki

Hello everyone. I bought my daughter an IPOD 5 for Christmas and she has since put a passcode on it and forgot it. She tried too many times and it has been disabled. She is only 8 and this was our first attempt at an electronic for her. So needless to say she is devistated and I'm a little bitter myself. My question is, How do I fix this problem? It was never synced to our computer. I have tried to connect it to itunes (as directed) but it never completes the process because there is a passcode on it. (Which we don't know) Im not sure what to do and I hate to think that I just wasted $300 for her to play it for 2 weeks. Thank you to anyone who has ideas. Niki
I'm afraid that there is no way to bypass the Passcode. Unless your daughter can remember her Passcode, she won't be able to unlock the iPad. The Passcode is also required to erase the iPad and start over. This is all part of the new security measures introduced on the introduction of iOS 7.

All I can suggest is that you contact Apple and explain the problem. If you can provide proof that you are the original purchaser of the iPod, Apple may be able to help you. There are no guarantees, though.

Thats what I was afraid of. Thank you.

Was the iCloud account setup on the device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, if you are the original purchaser (and can prove it), Apple might do an exchange as a one off. Nothing to lose by asking....

Thats what I was afraid of. Thank you.
Did your daughter set up iCloud and find my iPhone when she received the device? If yes, and she can't remember the find my iPhone password, then my previous advice applies. If they weren't set up, you may be able to restore the device by connecting it to iTunes on your computer and selecting the restore option.

Last edited:
hi ,contact apple technical support and give them the serial number or imei number if an apple phone ,as long as its not stolen or reported missing they will sort it i would think