What's new

iphone passcode please help me

bridtown

Reaction score
hey all new to this forum so if wrong place sorry

i have a iphone 4S my daughters she has been texing Men/Boys and she is 12y old .ihave informed the police but they carnt do anything because there is a passcode on the iphone and they said they carnt bypass it(shocked) she kept putting in the wrong pin number in onm purpose to try and lock iphone she is protecting someone or just shy dont know witch please help me

i have been trying all day to see if i can get in the phone and not able to do anything tbh i thourght it ould be easyer as i have jailbroken it for her but finding it really hard....

please please can some one help me i am going outa my head

its a iphone 4s on 7.2.1

Hello, I'm afraid there is nothing anyone can do to get into the phone if its password protected and you don't have the password.
Your best bet i think if you are so worried is to confiscate the phone, Then at least she can't text anyone else.

Welcome to iPhoneForums. Please take the time to peruse our forum rules here or by clicking on the cat image in my signature and abide by them whilst posting in our forums.

With regards to the topic at hand, even if it's brought to Apple IT, it's extremely difficult to retrieve the data from the device, even with a proper court warrant/order because of how the operating system is designed to ensure the privacy and protection of data on the device.

However, if your daughter is utilizing SMS as opposed to iMessages, you can request for the messages or view them (depending on carrier) online for both incoming and outgoing messages. Most carriers will not disclose sensitive information off the bat without proof of account manager as well as the owner of the number that you're trying to retrieve the messages from. You can contact your carrier and ask for the proper course of action that's required to obtain the messages.

Or as Ivy pointed out, you can confiscate the phone and replace it with a "dumbphone" so you can monitor her activity at ease.

I'm afraid that unless your daughter gives you the password, you won't be able to access the phone. The police were right. There's nothing that can be done to bypass the password.

i have a iphone 4S my daughters she has been texing Men/Boys and she is 12y old .ihave informed the police but they carnt do anything because there is a passcode on the iphone and they said they carnt bypass it(shocked) she kept putting in the wrong pin number in onm purpose to try and lock iphone she is protecting someone or just shy dont know witch please help me

i have been trying all day to see if i can get in the phone and not able to do anything tbh i thourght it ould be easyer as i have jailbroken it for her but finding it really hard....

its a iphone 4s on 7.2.1

By now there security shall be better as you have the newest update of 7.2.1 so i doubt this will work but you can try it. It has worked in the ip4 6.1.3.

http://www.wikihow.com/Bypass-iPhone-Passcode

Thank you for your replays I will sure try them tips thank you

It wouldn't be that bad if I could manage to get a backup of the iPhone so I could try using the backup but requires passcode

Just that some of her messages wer coming through to my ipad and at 12 they wer very sexual at nature and it driving me mad I carnt do anything

Thank you again for your replys

You could plug her phone into a computer it's synced with and back it up / restore a recent backup if there is one. I think if you have an old iphone or another iphone you can restore the new phone with the old backup via whatever computer it's synced with. Although if your a primary account holder, just pop the SIM card into another phone & whoosh another phone without a Passcode now has that number (you may have to authenticate with your carrier as well), thereafter just wait for new messages. If you get her phone jailbroken you could setup iCloud to backup the messages, and use a bio protect or similar program that forces you to enter a Passcode to access settings, otherwise the iCloud backup can just be turned off in settings. If you get it all done under the radar you'll be golden. There will be two passcodes: one to unlock the phone, another to access settings, you can even lock out certain apps (cydia). Just DO NOT update the device to iOS 8, because then you totally out of luck. Here's some screenshots:
a4yvuha8.jpg
3uhu9umy.jpg
azehehu3.jpg

its a iphone 4s on 7.2.1
Confiscate the phone. After she has earned it she may get it back but set it up so all of her messages also go to you. She hasn't shown she can handle the privilege any other way. In addition, she must understand your rules mean she must show you her unlocked phone any time you ask and must give you her passcode. Show her that you subsequently check that passcode and the phone content. Resistance from her means loss of phone. I am a retired School Liaison Officer. This is what I would do.
She needs rules for use of cell phones and computers. The fact that she is getting sexually charged messages does not surprise me but that does not mean you should accept it. Outline conduct rules and the consequences. And do not fear taking her privileges away.