What's new

facetime on a 3G data connection?

I honestly don't know. I have some fancy plan that my wife managed to screw out of Telus. ( I'm in Alberta, Canada). It gives 10 free numbers Canada-wide, unlimited SMS, 1Gb of data per month ( a bit stingy IMO) and runs me about $53 per month. The data can be shared however I want. I've had my iPad and two iPods running off the iPhone simultaneously.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Facetime does work on other non iphone devices I have tested it with a HTC and it has in the past worked but when facetime is officially allowed on a 3G connection some carriers like ATT want to charge extra for doing so so maybe some will still rely on tools such as facebreak or 3G un restrictor, Skype is a good idea or apps like viber you can make free calls and texts

Facetime can be used through cellular networks such as 3G and LTE. In terms of devices, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPad third generation onwards supports the use of Facetime without Wifi. This means Facetime can be used through cellular data capability. Most of the network operator in the world support the video data transfer communication via Facetime. The data usage of Facetime is about three megabytes per minute. Check out this article EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed Blog Site Link

Last edited by a moderator: