What's new

Facetime use a lot of data?

I've only ever used FaceTime from the start. I've never been charged anything from my network.

I don't know how it would work if your were mid call and decided to switch to FaceTime. I would imagine you would be charged the usual rates for the call, then when you switched to FaceTime you are ending that call as far as the network is concerned so no further charge should be incurred.

Don't quote me on that though, but I wouldn't he happy if I was being charged by my network for making a call through my wifi. Also you can make FaceTime calls from iPods so there is no network involved...

You seem to not understand my question or i'm the one not understanding your answer. How do you call a carrier phone number using your ipod in the goal to face time?

You seem to not understand my question or i'm the one not understanding your answer. How do you call a carrier phone number using your ipod in the goal to face time?

iPods use FaceTime through email to call your phone number...

It has to be something cos u ring an phone number ...
Yes, so i think if there is a way for calling by dialing an att iphone4 sim card number but "connected to wifi" from an orange carrier iphone4 also "connected to wifi" then this is first a call from carrier to carrier, even though the fact that both phones are on wifi will allow the conversation to be able to face time. There have to be communication fesses apply in this kind of cases.

FaceTime calls are strictly wifi. Phone numbers are only used for identifying the correct phone. In the case of iPods it's email addresses that are used.

I've never been charged a single thing or had minutes taken off my balance for using FaceTime. Either when receiving the call or making it...

FaceTime calls are strictly wifi. Phone numbers are only used for identifying the correct phone. In the case of iPods it's email addresses that are used.

I've never been charged a single thing or had minutes taken off my balance for using FaceTime. Either when receiving the call or making it...

Really? I got to try that out as soon as possible.

Yes really. Lol.

Just think, why does FaceTime only work with iPhone/iPod 4's and iPad 2's? What would stop apple making it work with earlier iDevices if all FaceTime used were phone numbers or email addresses...?

Yes really. Lol.

Just think, why does FaceTime only work with iPhone/iPod 4's and iPad 2's? What would stop apple making it work with earlier iDevices if all FaceTime used were phone numbers or email addresses...?

I've tried it and I stand by your comment.

lack of a front camera maybe?;p but then again i bet they could make it used the back camera

lack of a front camera maybe?;p but then again i bet they could make it used the back camera

That's probably another reason but I've used tango no problems with a 3GS so the rear camera is definatly capable of video calls even on 3G. Obviously silts not the best but much better than nothing...

yeah true, i bet it would lag pretty badly on the 3g but on the 3gs it would be ok but apple would never do that, they want to get people to upgrade not think i can do this on a cheaper device so go with the older one or think my device can do this i dont need to upgrade to the 4 from the 3gs or 3