What's new

Error 11

9BitStrider

Reaction score
I have a Tethered, jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.1. I want to undo the jailbreak.

At first, I was getting an error 3194 when I did a manual restore from iTunes. After that, I tried using the TinyUmbrella method. However, now it gives me an Error 11 when it goes into recovery mode for the restore. I need help and fast!

This might be an obvious question but have you update your iTunes already? If yes I don't see why you can't restore the iOS 5.1 or are you trying to restore a cooked 5.1 IPSW by doing shift+restore?

I'm just trying to perform a normal restore using the official firmware. I'll get the Error 3194 using the normal method. Then switching to the TinyUmbrella method allowed the process to begin, but was stopped once the iPhone when into Recovery mode, giving me an Error 11. I'll try redownloading iTunes to see if that will help.

Ok after finished updating your iTunes, put your iPhone into DFU mode and perform the iOS factory restore using iTunes. It should work then.

I'm just trying to perform a normal restore using the official firmware. I'll get the Error 3194 using the normal method. Then switching to the TinyUmbrella method allowed the process to begin, but was stopped once the iPhone when into Recovery mode, giving me an Error 11. I'll try redownloading iTunes to see if that will help.

Do not run Tiny Umbrella when restoring to a firmware that is being signed. It is simply not needed. That is only for when the iOS you are trying to restore is not being signed, and you have SHSH blobs.