What's new

Doing a fresh restore- need fast JB advice.

Mud

Reaction score
Ok, I have had a few problems with my jailbreak (IP3gs 32gb running 5.0.1) used redsn0w 9.10b1 to jailbreak. Installed cydia, winterboard and only 1 theme and no apps from cydia or any sources other than apples app store. But was getting the "sick" (yellowish green) screen and some laggy/choppiness between springboard screens. So uninstalled winterboard and it did go away for a bit but all the laggy/choppiness came back and the "sick" screen came back too.
So I am doing a fresh restore and a rejailbreak.
My questions are:

Since I did redsn0w 9.10b1 there have been b2 and b3 has been released. So do I do b1 then b3 or just do b3 or what?

And is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you northern neighbor for the quick response. I have just re-jailbroke it with your link and hope all my problems will be gone.

Restored and rejailbroke it last night (used b3) and have been waiting for it to die. Just checked it and it was at 2x% battery life, when it went to a black screen then the apple screen then back black ... then the "sick" screen again. Ugh!
I have no clue at this point.

Restored and rejailbroke it last night (used b3) and have been waiting for it to die. Just checked it and it was at 2x% battery life, when it went to a black screen then the apple screen then back black ... then the "sick" screen again. Ugh!
I have no clue at this point.

Why are you executing your battery? Is there any good reason why you are deliberating letting the battery to hit 0%??? What could possibly be the reason why? Why? Why?
Why can't you take it to Apple store if you believe that there is something wrong between the battery and the display or something?

Last edited:
I am draining the battery to see if I keep getting the sick screen after each thing I try. I mainly just want to know if it's still there or not. Though it isn't hard since this phone apparently needs a new battery anyways. This last time the battery still had 20% battery left when it went to sick screen.
It's an old bootrom 3gs that I bought used. Doubt Apple would give me an exchange.
From what I have found online it appears to only happen when you jailbreak and the battery gets low. Known as YSoD (yellow screen of death), a common problem but nothing severe. Seen more people posting about it during iOS 4 and jailbreaking, not anyone posting on it with iOS5 and jailbreaking.