What's new

I think I used the wrong Program and need HELP

jcamaro

Reaction score
I just got this 3gs and installed REDsn0w 0.9b4 for windows and everything ok till I went to put a program in to adjust the keyboard sensitivity.
I went on Cydia and did a search for ADVANCED PREFERENCES and installed it. It downloaded ok along with Winterboard which I did not have before.
But now I see this was for a Iphone 4 I think
But now when I try to bring up Cydia, Winterboard, Safari the screen just flashes and goes back to the springboard they don't open. My mail program opens but does not update. I do not know how to do a restore so if thats what I need I need to be walked through or anything else
Thanks

I don't know what SBSettings are and how to reboot can you tell me?

Im not sure how to boot into safemode without SBSettings, you'll have to wait and see if anyone else has a solution. If you haven't tried even just a standard reboot yet, thats the first thing you should try. Just hold down power until the slide to power off comes up, turn it off and then turn it back on.

Well I think it's called a hard reset, helded the on/off button down with the home button at the sam time and got the programs working. But I would still like to know how to get this program out (the advanced preferences) and what the SBSetting are

Just go into Cydia click the "manage" tab and then select "packages" and select "advanced preferences" and uninstall it. SBSettings is a drop-down menu with various toggles for turning on/off airplane mode, 3G, data, wifi, bluetooth, etc. Plus it also has reboot options like respringing, rebooting and booting into safe mode.

If I ever need to do a restore how do I do that? I already backup in itunes

If you don't have SBSettings installed, try this to put the device into Safe Mode:

1. If you have it installed, open MobileTerminal on the iPhone (if you have MobileTerminal, go to step 3, otherwise, go to step 2)

2. SSH to the iPhone using PuTTy (Windows) or Terminal (Linux or Mac)

3. Login using the following default values (provided you haven’t changed them yourself):
UserName: root
PassWord: alpine

4. Once logged in, enter the following command
touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat

5. Respring the SpringBoard

You should then be in Safe Mode. Then, you can go to Cydia and uninstall that tweak you just put on. Then, respring the iPhone and you should be good to go.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn