What's new

Winterboard

MTXThunder9500

New Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Ok so i'm new to the jailbreaking thing and i went and installed winterboard and it said to reboot on the bottom of the screen and so naturally i did that but i'm guessing i shouldnt have since the phone was stuck at the white apple. I'm guessing i should have backed out of the screen and then do a teathered reboot from redsn0w?
 

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
MTXThunder9500 said:
Ok so i'm new to the jailbreaking thing and i went and installed winterboard and it said to reboot on the bottom of the screen and so naturally i did that but i'm guessing i shouldnt have since the phone was stuck at the white apple. I'm guessing i should have backed out of the screen and then do a teathered reboot from redsn0w?

You can still put the phone into dfu mode from that apple logo and proceed to use redsnow like usual
 
OP
M

MTXThunder9500

New Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I tried that and couldn't get it to work. I thought it worked but nothing different happened when i think i got it into DFU. So when i do install winterboard though am i suppose to just boot it from redsn0w rather than hit reboot on the screen?
 

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
MTXThunder9500 said:
I tried that and couldn't get it to work. I thought it worked but nothing different happened when i think i got it into DFU. So when i do install winterboard though am i suppose to just boot it from redsn0w rather than hit reboot on the screen?

Don't know why it isn't working for you. Hitting the button isn't no different from using redsnkw
 
OP
M

MTXThunder9500

New Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
iCrank said:
Don't know why it isn't working for you. Hitting the button isn't no different from using redsnkw

Well I did get it all to work but I am pretty sure I went about it all wrong lol. I dug up the thread dfu for dummies thread and held the power and home buttons for 10 seconds and when I plugged it into iTunes it said it was in recovery mode and them I did the restore to a previous back up and then re did the jailbreak. So what did I do wrong? Also what do I do from now on when I install something from cydia and it asks me to reboot?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net
 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 11, 2011
Messages
916
Reaction score
153
Location
Troon, Scotland
Open redsn0w, go to the "Extras" menu, press "Just Boot" and follow the instructions.
It does NOT matter if you can't turn the iPhone off first like the instructions say. Just follow them and pretend you turned the phone off. You should see the pwnapple logo as the phone boots, then everything should work as normal. You need to repeat this process every time you reboot your phone from now on...
 

iCrank

Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
5,590
Reaction score
88
Location
Vallejo, Ca
f4780y said:
Open redsn0w, go to the "Extras" menu, press "Just Boot" and follow the instructions.
It does NOT matter if you can't turn the iPhone off first like the instructions say. Just follow them and pretend you turned the phone off. You should see the pwnapple logo as the phone boots, then everything should work as normal. You need to repeat this process every time you reboot your phone from now on...

Plus one.
 

Most reactions

Top