What's new

Want to jailbreak but have a question first for the experienced ...

chogokin

Reaction score
First post and a newb, so go easy on me :)

I've nearly made up my mind about doing a jailbreak. However just wanted to clear some things up as I just want to be 1000% sure with the experts before I take the plunge with redsn0w b3....

First my device:

Iphone4 16g purchased when first release, just upgraded to 5.0.1 a few weeks ago. I'm on AT&T for service-- never removed or messed with the sim that's been in the phone since purchase.

1) I've read a few horror stores about losing service after a jailbreak (E.G. "No Service")-- If I go back into itunes to do a restore will i get my service back? Are the chances of something like this high?

2) I've backed up apps, pictures and movies. What's the best way of backing up contacts in my address book in case I need to restore?

- If the no service thing does happen to you which is very unlikely a restore will fix the problem. I have the iphone4 16gb and have never had the no service problem.

- when I restore I backup my contacts to the P.C and have had no problem with it.

Jailbroke last night as worked like a charm! Thanks!

Yep.. i have ran into that "no service" error on my friends 3gs. I think that happened's when you restore to ios5 and dont set everything up cause i just restored it and went right on to the jailbreak. anyways another restore fixed the problem so no biggie