What's new

Camera flash whites out pictures

anitalatz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. I'm using the iphone 4 which I just updated to ios 6. Since then when I take pictures that require a flash this is what happens. I'm not too close to the object, I'm trying not to shake the camera. It worked fine before. Anybody have any ideas what it could be?

Attachments

• $photo (3).jpg
    $photo (3).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,095
Are you using a case? Try taking the phone out of the case.

U don't have a screen protector or something covering both the flash and the lens do you?

There are a lot of cases that do not work well when you are trying to take a picture with flash because of the reflection that is created. I have a case on my phone that does exactly that but have used my friends iPhone 4 with the new iOS 6 and have not had that problem before.

You could try putting some tissue paper in front of the flash, not lens. It should reduce flash power. Since power is determinated by subject distance, f stops and speed. I guess ip camera does the same.

Take off your case and then clean your camera lens and around the camera hole. I had to do this to mine a few months ago because my pictures kept showing up blurry.