What's new

iPhone 4S picture quality poor

x01 said:
But this is the internet. :mad:

A place for belittling people and trolling... not for helping people and being nice.

If you plan on staying here w/ us... you need to learn, very quickly, that this IS NOT the case here! We are a family friendly/oriented forum that strives to help those in need and be courteous in the process.

x01 said:
Well.. I bought a cheap pentalobe screwdriver, slipped the back off the phone and cleaned the large spec of dust from the inside of the lens.
Pictures seem to be coming out in focus now. :)

That is great you figured out the problem. Like when I took a picture on my 4s with the flash on the pictures would turn out too bright. I figured out that I had my finger too close to the flash. This is when I first started using the camera with the flash on.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

If you plan on staying here w/ us... you need to learn, very quickly, that this IS NOT the case here! We are a family friendly/oriented forum that strives to help those in need and be courteous in the process.

Good to hear :)

That is great you figured out the problem. Like when I took a picture on my 4s with the flash on the pictures would turn out too bright. I figured out that I had my finger too close to the flash. This is when I first started using the camera with the flash on.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Yes.. it also seems iPhone 4 cases (not 4s) messes up the focusing too if used on a iPhone 4s. I cut the hole bigger on my case to fix that issue.
I also heard that small scratches on the lens can mess up the focus too. :(
Really got to keep that camera lens clean and free of obstructions.

I kind of wish there was a faster shutter speed on the camera still though (even if it meant reduced quality.)

More 4s pictures



Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168090.814884.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168090.814884.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 130
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168106.378941.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168106.378941.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 124
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168121.015870.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168121.015870.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 119
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168132.150331.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168132.150331.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 127
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168147.347338.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168147.347338.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 125
:3



Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168215.929249.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168215.929249.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 179
  • $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168229.310251.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333168229.310251.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 196
x01 said:
Yes.. it also seems iPhone 4 cases (not 4s) messes up the focusing too if used on a iPhone 4s. I cut the hole bigger on my case to fix that issue.
I also heard that small scratches on the lens can mess up the focus too. :(
Really got to keep that camera lens clean and free of obstructions.

I kind of wish there was a faster shutter speed on the camera still though (even if it meant reduced quality.)

My case camera hole is much bigger than the lens. Almost too big. Better too big than too small.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

i don't have a case, I don't have the plastic on, the lens is not scratched, the lens is clean.

anything else you want to accuse me of?

Did I miss something? Youve only posted twice and your hostile as all... Nobody accused you of anything sheesh.

How about posting one of your pics and maybe we can determine what the issue is. Maybe youve got something inside the lens. If thats the case its a simple fix by going to the apple store.

But I must say, my picture on the 4s are incredible. I took about 100 yesterday for a website Im doing for a business and when we compared mine to the $1000 photographer they used on the last build mine looked better. Then when I open them in camera+ and run the clarity filter they look absolutely incredible.

wingzfan61 said:
But I must say, my picture on the 4s are incredible. I took about 100 yesterday for a website Im doing for a business and when we compared mine to the $1000 photographer they used on the last build mine looked better. Then when I open them in camera+ and run the clarity filter they look absolutely incredible.

Were you taking pictures of still objects/scenes in good lighting?
I agree in such cases the photos on the 4s are great.

x01 said:
Were you taking pictures of still objects/scenes in good lighting?
I agree in such cases the photos on the 4s are great.

No flash

$image-633100272.jpg

dark bar
$image-492623508.jpg

used camera+ to make black and white
$image-3073547779.jpg

Doin 70 down the road up north just to see if everything focused.
$image-4269594736.jpg

I cant think of a situation where the pics havent come out the way they should

I cant think of a situation where the pics havent come out the way they should

I guess those are pretty good... but are they the norm?

If I was to take 100 photographs with the 4s, sure maybe 30 of those would be great... but the rest would likely be out of focus, blurry or washed out in case of the flash.
I don't actually use my 4s to take many photos anymore as I just can't trust it. Perhaps some would claim it is user error, but I don't have such issues taking photos with a 'real' camera. Not that I'm totally hating on the 4S camera... I still find it great for still shots and especially for video.

You pretty much said it. Ever have a point and shoot that zoomed but then also had a digital zoom that would pick up after reaching the farthest the regular zoom could go? Those too come out very pixelated. Defiantly don't use the zoom. And as far as the flash goes all flash in my opinion looks bad unless you are using it as a fill light. That flash on your camera is so small it doesn't have good diffution of light so it ends up creating harsh shadows unless you stand way back. Best of luck to you.