What's new

iPhone 4S Case Camera Flash Problem

NintendoMaster

Reaction score
Hey there. I'm new to these forums so hopefully I've chosen the right place to post this thread. Here's my problem:

I've got three iPhone cases, as I'll show below.
bi34tc.jpg

They are actually iPhone 4 cases (when I bought them I didn't think that it would make any difference). Everything works fine with them except for one thing - the camera flash. Whenever I try to take a photo with the flash function of the camera application on my iPhone 4S I get this horrible blurry effect (if blurry is the correct word to use here) when the pictures are taken.

Here is an example of a photo taken WITH one of my cases.
vx175w.jpg

And here is an example of a photo taken WITHOUT any case on it.
2ir2k9w.jpg

As you can see, the photos look far nicer without the case on. The problem is that I really don't feel comfortable with just having my iPhone out in the wild without any protection at all. Sure, I've got a screen protector over the front screen but that certainly isn't going to protect my phone from a fall onto tarmac. I've searched online for solutions to this issue and everyone has said that you need to purchase a case made specifically for the iPhone 4S with a larger camera hole so that the flash can't reflect back. This is where I need help. I'd like a relatively cheap (around £5 or below) iPhone 4S hard back case that corrects this issue. I'd like some advice on this and/or some suggestions from you guys before I do anything.

Thanks in advance!

NintendoMaster.

Not all covers to that! The speck pixel the otterbox defender and commuter, there are soooo many that don't:) and so many that DO!
The hole for the camera has to be just right or the flash will grab the cover and leave that result ;-)

Save the boxes for the covers?? If so taken them back and try covers above or take them out take a pix w flash before buying ;-) I agree I dislike removing case to take pics w flash;-(

I know What you mean!
Have the Same problem, friend of mine haves the iP 4 the flash light in compare of the 4s is Mutch different 4s produced almost twice as Mutch light!

Sent from my iPhone 4s white 32gb