What's new

Camera flash

junaid_kazi said:
Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem. It was a birthday party at my place yesterday and I tried clicking pics in dark with flash and the pics are either coming blurry or whited out whereas, my friend using Samsung Galaxy SII and he took pics in his phone with flash and the pics are crystal clear. This is really not good. Apple certainly need to sort this out ASAP.

I am really disappointed.

I have the 4S and I was taking pictures inside at a luncheon. And unless you was directly under light, the pictures were dark.

And at home when I use the flash, cannot even see the pictures, going to Apple in the morning.

Yes, even I have heard that its the white colour of the phone which makes the picture quality bad while using the flash hence, I think we need to visit Apple store and make them to sort out because I can't accept this, paying so much money and not getting something which is worth the money is not acceptable.

Will visit the apple store soon.

I just got the iphone 4 in white and when i take a picture with flash the picture come out way to bright or blurry My friend has the iphone 4 but in black and when she takes pictures with her flash pictures come out very clear and nice.
Would it just be my phone and have to take it to the apple store? can someone please advice?

Yes, even I have heard that its the white colour of the phone which makes the picture quality bad while using the flash hence, I think we need to visit Apple store and make them to sort out because I can't accept this, paying so much money and not getting something which is worth the money is not acceptable.

Will visit the apple store soon.

Dale said:
Hi.
My wife has just got a White iPhone 4.
When she uses the camera flash in a dark area the pictures are coming out very blurry and sometimes whited out or a blue haze on them therefore making the picture un viewable

Is this a problem anybody else is having or should I take it back to the apple store

Thanks

She's using it without any cover.

Did you take the plastic off back, it's covering the lens, that was my problem. Pictures are beautiful now even in low lighting.

junaid_kazi said:
Even I am facing the same problem. It was a birthday party at my house yesterday and I was trying to take some pictures on my I-phone 4S (white color) in dark with flash on and it comes blurry or whited out whereas, my friend using Samsung Galaxy SII and he took some pictures in his phone with flash and they are crystal clear. It is definitely a problem with Apple and they need to sort out ASAP because this is not good at all. The way they said in their advertisement that this is the best camera ever, it is in fact no where closer to the best camera. I am very disappointed with the picture clarity with flash. The pics with flash are of no use. :-(

Did you take the plastic off back, it's covering the lens, that was my problem. Pictures are beautiful now even in low lighting.

Yes, the first pic i took was too blurry and while i was wondering why its so blurry, I realised that it is because of the plastic on the back of my phone then I tried after removing the plastic and it was better still it is not satisfying and when I say satisfying am not being too demanding I mean just a normal clear pic but it is not even a normal clear pic.

Yes, the first pic i took was too blurry and while i was wondering why its so blurry, I realised that it is because of the plastic on the back of my phone then I tried after removing the plastic and it was better still it is not satisfying and when I say satisfying am not being too demanding I mean just a normal clear pic but it is not even a normal clear pic.

Then maybe something is wrong with yours because my low lit ones are clear. After reading your post, I did some more pictures and they came out great. I even took a shot outside, I zoomed in, was aiming for the light pole and ended up with a very clear picture of the stop sign. So I would exchange it until I was happy.

I also have the problem with camera flash the pictures taken with flash are not clear I have purchased my iPhone 4s last month , what should I do

Ok I just received my phone 4s. Until I get home I am leaving the original plastic on and as stated before does cover the camera lens.

Even so the pictures that I took in various lighted rooms turned out clear.

I did not use the flash.

The flash is too bright and all that I get is a bright flash in the picture instead of a nice picture.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Last edited:
I have the same problem with my
Black iPhone 4. And I will be calling my phone company Monday.

iPhone of course

I have the same problem with my
Black iPhone 4. And I will be calling my phone company Monday.

iPhone of course

Just speak to Apple Store and they will sort it out for you. Mine is solved. I have visited Apple store and they have fixed it for me. :)

The solution to my problem is taking the back off and finding a piece if plastic on the inside if the cover. When putting this phone together they forgot to remove the plastic protective film from the inside. Also might seem weird but my phone operates faster now than before. I noticed a metal contact point on the lower have of the cover. Which was covered by the protective film. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? So people take the back of your phone off and make sure they removed the protective film.

iPhone of course

How did you take the back of your phone off with out ruining the phone?

Sent from my 64gb iPad