What's new

best advice

clowey1

Reaction score
I have ip4 right now and I'm planning to switch in ip4s,but on a other hand some friends tell me instead of buying ip4s why not to wait the up coming ip5,my question is how long ip5 will arrive...???thank you

I have ip4 right now and I'm planning to switch in ip4s,but on a other hand some friends tell me instead of buying ip4s why not to wait the up coming ip5,my question is how long ip5 will arrive...???thank you

I agree with that.. the iphone 4S is not worth upgrading to from the 4! but if you have the spare cash then why not? but the iphone 5 or what ever apple decide to call it wont be out for a long time.. at least 10 months.. just guessing there but how long as the 4S been released for? 4-5 months now? so we have a long time to go, so you could buy the 4S and sell it before apple announce the next gen device and buy it but if $$$ or selling the 4S will be a problem or if you are happy with your 4 then I would stick with the 4.. Siri sucks any way and is in beta so its not even working 100% yet..

I personally am holding out for the next gen device..

Lets see what the major differences are..

5mp camera vs 8mp camera
Siri
A4 - A5 chip
64GB model

the 4S is basically an ipad two with a better quality camera and Siri.

Unless it cost me $100 or less, I would not switch either. Although the 4S is much quicker than the 4 at games, navigating through menus, etc. other than the improved camera and Siri as Unleashed stated, it's not worth extending a contract or spending much on. Just my 2 cents.

And no one knows when the 5 will arrive. They are only making guesses based on rumours. If history repeats itself, I would guessitmate it will happen before the end of the year. I don't think it will happen in the Summer as 4S sales are too strong. Why re-tool when you are making paper......

Lets see what the major differences are..

5mp camera vs 8mp camera
Siri
A4 - A5 chip
64GB model

the 4S is basically an ipad two with a better quality camera and Siri.

You forget to mention that the 4S is a world phone too.

And no one knows when the 5 will arrive. They are only making guesses based on rumours. If history repeats itself, I would guessitmate it will happen before the end of the year. I don't think it will happen in the Summer as 4S sales are too strong. Why re-tool when you are making paper......

That is how I guess as well.. not based on rumours as they are never anything to go by but on the history of sales..

So far every new device has been released a few weeks after a major release so after 2.0 we saw the 3G and 3.0 the 3GS..etc and that has been one thing that has stayed consistant and apple has never changed unlike the announcement date that was always at the first few weeks of june at the WWDC that has changed to october for the 4S so from that you could predict roughly a year from then or a little longer but the safer guess would be right after the release of ios 6.0