What's new

Iphone5

rippersroo

Reaction score
Iphone5 activation! please help!I got my new ip5 today..still on the old 3GS at the moment, the man in the shop has transferred my number to the new sim. He said ill have to wait up to 24 hours for the new phone to be activated with the sim so when my 3GS stops service my ip5 will be ready to go, but I can't wait it's sitting there and I can't use it!!!
Has anyone else done this and had to wait and for how long? It's now been 6 hours but I'm very impatient and want to use it!
Thanks for any advice
Viki

Last edited:
I'm sorry but you will just have to be patient, myself i have never had to wait the full 24hrs, quite often it happens sooner than that, it is hard waiting when you want to play with your new toy, just keep trying it.

Thank you.im still waiting I restored from my previous iphone by plugging into my mac but its now not accepting the wifi-is this because I still have no service as yet? Can it take longer than 24 hours?
I read somewhere that some people have done the sim swap on O2 website but I take it that has already happened and I'm just waiting on it to start working?
Thanks again

I haven't done it on the website myself and I'm not sure about the wifi part but when we did my sons swap it took about 4 hours, don't let that throw you though as it does vary, you keep trying and just when you think it won't happen.....there it is.

Just adding to this if someone searches for this problem I had. I waited 30+ hours then went to the shop where I got my iPhone and suggested the sim swap on the Internet, which the guy in the shop did and my signal came within 1 minute on the new phone!!
It's definitely worth a try if your having problems. It's just a shame it cost me three 30 mile round trips!!
Thanks for all your help

Just adding to this if someone searches for this problem I had. I waited 30+ hours then went to the shop where I got my iPhone and suggested the sim swap on the Internet, which the guy in the shop did and my signal came within 1 minute on the new phone!!
It's definitely worth a try if your having problems. It's just a shame it cost me three 30 mile round trips!!
Thanks for all your help
Thank you for the update, glad to hear you finally got it sorted.