What's new

Battery life of my 4s

I can't get over this. I must have a tweak draining the crap outta my battery. My phone is only like 2 months old as I just upgraded to the 4s, so the battery can't be bad already. And I def end up hitting my mophie juice pack after a few hrs of use.

Chris951 said:
Wtf yeah my battery is DEFINITELY bad lol. I get 6 hours of usage and 10 hours standby until its dead

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

That is average. The low average.

Anyone can reach a high usage level by playing music because the phone can be locked....but the whole time music is playing is counted as Usage...instead of stand by.

Anyone can reach a high usage level by playing music because the phone can be locked....but the whole time music is playing is counted as Usage...instead of stand by.

This makes sense

zig9449 said:

Hmm that does make sense actually. And i wasnt really doin much else since it was in a speaker dock.

im on ios 6 beta 2 and they have improved the battery life i can easily get through a day now. 6+ hours of usage

My battery has been crap for a long time. If I take it off charge at 7am in the morning, it's down to 5% by 9pm. The phone spends most of its time in my pocket as I'm at work and don't get chance to use it.

noddy said:
My battery has been crap for a long time. If I take it off charge at 7am in the morning, it's down to 5% by 9pm. The phone spends most of its time in my pocket as I'm at work and don't get chance to use it.

What?

That battery life is awesome?

Have you ever had a smart phone before?

Smartphones will not last days like a standard cell phone for obvious reasons.

If you unplug your phone at 7AM...then your battery had drained to 5% by 9PM....well...you should consider yourself one lucky mother*^%#%^.....because not a lot of people get that much battery life from they're iPhones.

You lucky dog...14 flippin hours and your at 5%.lol.

You must not know what the *average* smart phone battery life is.

They are smart phones....of coarse they use a tone if power.

You were expecting way to much from your iPhone.

Wow, a regular keyboard warrior there.

FYI- I've had 4 iPhones in the past, starting with the original one. All have had better battery life than this one. My 3GS would last nearly two days with little use.

Regardless.
It is rare to here anyone claim they're iPhone 4 or 4S gets 9 hours usage. It just above average. Not by much at all...but still above it.

I know the 3GS's had pretty good battery life but...but I'm pretty sure my iPhone 4 now gets the same usage as my friends 3GS. Tho I don't know for sure...I'll check on that I guess.

He does seem to need to charge it more then I do tho.

seriously - I panic if my battery is around 50% my friends making jokes about me but when they see during the day how fast my battery goes low they understand me

All of these threads are irrelevant due to everybody being in different geo locations.

It's obvious that if your far away from a tower and get horrible G reception, your battery is going to drain faster.

aawebdev said:
I have an iPhone 4S. I bought it with iOS 5.0 on it. Then I upgraded to 5.1, then to 5.1.1. In 5.1 ,i had excellent battery life, just like Apple describes it on its website. Now on 5.1.1, which I just installed 1 week ago, I have absolutely terrible battery life. I get about 3% battery drain per hour on standby. When using it, i get 1% drain every 2-3 minutes, on any app. Really horrible experience.

Have you performed a full cycle charge?

You should always perform a full cycle charge on your device after updating if battery seems worse.