What's new

Battery life suddenly poor

noddy

Reaction score
Over the last week or so, my battery life has noticeably changed. I was getting a day and a half from it when it was new, now I'm lucky to get half a day.
For example- today I left the house at 12.30 with 100% battery. I haven't used the phone as I was tied up with other things and besides, I had no 3G. I haven't made or received any calls. At the time of writing (9.17pm) it's 11% and falling. Thats not even 9 hours and it's nearly flat.
Anyone else getting this?

noddy said:
Over the last week or so, my battery life has noticeably changed. I was getting a day and a half from it when it was new, now I'm lucky to get half a day.
For example- today I left the house at 12.30 with 100% battery. I haven't used the phone as I was tied up with other things and besides, I had no 3G. I haven't made or received any calls. At the time of writing (9.17pm) it's 11% and falling. Thats not even 9 hours and it's nearly flat.

Hi
Yes a lot of people have noticed this (including me). Must be something going on, a restore seems to have fixed it somewhat

Try going to the apple store, they have a firmware update only available in the store. Just make sure you update to iCloud all your information.

Try going to the apple store, they have a firmware update only available in the store. Just make sure you update to iCloud all your information.

Did you get this firmware update?

I got it on my 16g and now will get it on the 32g. Going tomorrow. I saw a big difference and was ok with the results

I've not heard of this firmware. I'll have to ring call tomorrow

9A406 is the latest. You can get this by restoring via iTunes. You don't have to go to store.

Why isn't this being done over the air then?

They will also check to see, if there any software problems.

See if you have an app "open" that is using location services. I had recently downloaded "Shopkick" and left the location services on. It seemed to drain my battery quicker, so I closed the app and turned off the location service to it. Now, I only open it when I need it.

Also, if you have no 3G your phone may have been searching for it. That could affect the battery as well.

Battery life dropped off quickley, after googling found a fix that worked for me. turn Airplane mode on, reboot phone, turn airplane mode back off, fixed my drain and standby and usage being the same. It has now been 40 hours, battery 72% with Location Services and iCloud turned back on.

Reboot as in holding both buttons, or just the top one?

Mimmyt said:
Battery life dropped off quickley, after googling found a fix that worked for me. turn Airplane mode on, reboot phone, turn airplane mode back off, fixed my drain and standby and usage being the same. It has now been 40 hours, battery 72% with Location Services and iCloud turned back on.

The standby-usage time being the same usually is because there is an MMS message waiting to go through. We have had people turn on their 3G/data and the MMS came through and then the times were fixed.

Just turn it off and back on again, I dont have 3G/data turned on and have never sent MMS messages