What's new

4s getting hot after going for a swim??

coochy_coo

Reaction score
Hopeing to get some help on here. My iphone 4s went for a swim 2 weeks ago. Took back cover off and battery out then put in rice container for 2 days. Re-assembled, charged and used for two days. All seemed good exept a little moisture in the screen still. Took picture with it and suddenly it overheated and told me to shut it down (also phone was hot). I ordered a new digital screen assembly and a battery as i have read on the net. In the mean time i tore the phone down to nothing and found corrosion the on logic board whick I took care of with a tooth brush and some isopropyl alcohol. Phone was then put back together with all parts dry, new screen and new battery. PROBLEM now is, as soon as i hook up the battery the phone starts to get hot near the camera. With the back off the phone, as soon as the batt. is hooked up logic board get hot just below the camera. Is the Logic Board junk? $700 plus dollars for new phone replacemnet is out of the question at this time in my life. Wishing I would have purchased the insurance plan they offered at this time. Any help would greatly be appriciated.!! Thanks...Erik