What's new

Battery life suddenly poor

Ok. Heres a question along this same thread. My wife's 4S phone/16g/white, is having battery problems too. We both get up in the morning and unplug from wall charger at same time. We are both connected to our WiFi and within an hour she is down to 92% on battery level and I'm only at 98%, as the day goes on and we both occasionally check messages and don't do any calling, she can drop to 50% by midday and I'm at 80-85%. We've checked our settings and they are almost identical. What is up ? BTW- it has done this fresh out of the box and both phones are less than a month old (3 weeks).

Thanks for the feedback!

Hawk

Would someone, anyone, PLEASE answer my question above in last post!?!?!?!?

Thank you.

Hawk

Would someone, anyone, PLEASE answer my question above in last post!?!?!?!?

Thank you.

Hawk

Well it sounds like something is running in the background keep an eye on the usage and standby stats during that time and see if the usage go up when shes not using the phone if it does then something is running.

Anyone know if the iOS 5.1 will have more battery fixes in it? The last software update made no difference even though they said it was supposed to help.. I've done all the tricks and tips to conserve battery life and still the 4s is noticeably worse then my previous iPhone 4. And this 4s is only about 10 days old.

My phone was getting 3-4 days on IOS5, on 5.01 it went down a bit, then down to one day. Tried all suggestions none worked until I found by google about turning the airplane on then off as stated above in previous post, that is all I have done. Usage and standby where always the same, even with everything turned off and no apps. Now it is 4-5 days between charges and usage and standby are different. That is all I know

4-5 days? Tell me that's just the phone sitting there on your beside table doing nothing? No way can anyone get that much out of any iPhone including using it for calls etc

4-5 days? Tell me that's just the phone sitting there on your beside table doing nothing? No way can anyone get that much out of any iPhone including using it for calls etc

I get 4-5 days all the time i only use my phone for about an hour a day so my standby time would be 5 days with 5-6 hours of use.

This is why I'm visiting the apple store this weekend. It's frustrating....

The airplane mode method off/on technique made some difference. Nothing significant but it's noticeable. Of course I just did it last night. So let's see how it is in 3-4 more days and see if through my normal usage of the phone has any effect on longer battery life. So far for today it's a little bit better.

eddieg said:
Well it sounds like something is running in the background keep an eye on the usage and standby stats during that time and see if the usage go up when shes not using the phone if it does then something is running.

Where are the "usage and standby stats" and where can I monitor them for her?

Thanks,

Hawk

Mimmyt said:
My phone was getting 3-4 days on IOS5, on 5.01 it went down a bit, then down to one day. Tried all suggestions none worked until I found by google about turning the airplane on then off as stated above in previous post, that is all I have done. Usage and standby where always the same, even with everything turned off and no apps. Now it is 4-5 days between charges and usage and standby are different. That is all I know

How do you do, step by step, the airplane mode reset, with the button pushes etc? Does it really make a difference?

Hawk

Hawk. It makes some difference. Not a ton. But noticeable. Here's how u do it. Go to settings, airplane mode, turn airplane mode on. Exit settings. Let airplane mode take over. You'll see the little airplane where your bars should be. Wait about 1-2 minutes. Now press the home button on the phone and the top button on the phone simultaneously and hold them down until your screen shows the apple logo. Then let go. Do not let go until you see the apple logo pop up on your screen. Then once your phone comes reawakens. Go back into settings, turn airplane mode off. Then your phone will be ready for normal use. After you do this you will notice some slight improvement on battery life. I did. Again it's nothing huge, but noticeably better.

Here's my latest battery usage. $IMG_6600.jpg Very pleased so far with battery life on my 4s with the way I use my phone.

Hawk. It makes some difference. Not a ton. But noticeable. Here's how u do it. Go to settings, airplane mode, turn airplane mode on. Exit settings. Let airplane mode take over. You'll see the little airplane where your bars should be. Wait about 1-2 minutes. Now press the home button on the phone and the top button on the phone simultaneously and hold them down until your screen shows the apple logo. Then let go. Do not let go until you see the apple logo pop up on your screen. Then once your phone comes reawakens. Go back into settings, turn airplane mode off. Then your phone will be ready for normal use. After you do this you will notice some slight improvement on battery life. I did. Again it's nothing huge, but noticeably better.

i'm very happy others have seen improvement with this but i did not. i genuinely appreciate this, and any other suggestions though!

Primetime said:

Download the application Boost Magic from the ap store it is free. See if that helps you.

Sent from my 64gb iPad