What's new

Battery threads?

Stlrbum

Reaction score
Are we not all allowed to talk about the crappy battery on the 4s? Both threads have been closed.

I want answers other than to restore my phone. Apple has already replaced my phone with no success. This morning I took it off the charger for it to immediately go down to 99%. Now 35 minutes later it is down to 89%. This is complete crap. I am not a happy iPhone owner.

Go ahead and vent. I totally understand. But perhaps you should read the the other two threads and see if they can be of some help to you. If this is your second phone ~ see what Apple says at this point.

I guess that the mods are closing your threads because there are already plenty of threads talking about the iPhone battery issues.
Now i do not think that your battery is bad at all since you are having/experiencing the same battery issue with 2 different iPhones.
One thing which can drop that fast your battery juice is a bad network signal on your phone, (Say you have 1 or 2 bars most of the time on your iphone) and in addition to that, there are apps running in the background which are trying and forcing to communicate with internet using your 3G since maybe you are not on wifi... and even if on wifi, they will eat some battery juice while running in the background. What about the brightness? turn off "Auto-Brightness" and set the bar to about 40%.
Location services, weather apps, email auto fetching, communication apps like Skype, Yahoo messenger etc... running in the background (the list is long) are sucking up your battery juices. Turn off most of those location services thing, turn off auto fetching emails if you do not need it. Completely close opened apps from the multitasking bar once you finish using them unless you know you will be using it soon again, apps like Skype i mean.
Calibrate your iPhone battery: let it drop till 2% or 1% (Don't let the phone die by shutting down automatically because it run out off battery juice) once you see it the battery reach 2% or 1% connect it to the electric cable, once you see it start charging, turn the phone off and leave it alone for about 6h or more (you can do that before go to bed) when you wake up in the morning do not remove the charger cable but turn on the iPhone and even if you see it 100% charged leave it alone for another 15 to 20mn or more if you can, after that unplug the charger and you have just calibrate your battery.
But a bad signal reception is not helping your battery no matter what you do or what iPhone you buy.

So one of the battery threads got closed because there was one already active. Now that got closed, so there is no more active battery threads. Is one of them going to be reopened? I was enjoying the info that was coming from them.

bab2010 said:
One thing which can drop that fast your battery juice is a bad network signal on your phone, (Say you have 1 or 2 bars most of the time on your iphone)

I agree with the above statement.

and in addition to that, there are apps running in the background which are trying and forcing to communicate with internet using your 3G since maybe you are not on wifi... and even if on wifi, they will eat some battery juice while running in the background. What about the brightness? turn off "Auto-Brightness" and set the bar to about 40%.

This one isn't quite accurate. This statement was discussed in the other battery thread, was said to have no effect on the battery. Apps on iOS don't work like apps on an android phone. They only take up memory when they are not in immediate use. When I had my iPhone 4 I hardly ever closed out apps and my battery lasted nearly two days with moderate use on 3G.

Stlrbum said:
Are we not all allowed to talk about the crappy battery on the 4s? Both threads have been closed.

I want answers other than to restore my phone. Apple has already replaced my phone with no success. This morning I took it off the charger for it to immediately go down to 99%. Now 35 minutes later it is down to 89%. This is complete crap. I am not a happy iPhone owner.

You certainly not by yourself, I had my iPhone 4S switched out as well with little to no success. However each day can be different. Some days I get 2-4 hours usage, and others 5-7 hours. It really seems like a software issue and if so Apple will fix it. Believe me they are working on it. It could be worse though, my last android phone had worse battery life than the 4S, and it didn't have no where near the hardware specs this phone has.

Checkout my battery stats. I hope this keeps happening.

$image-548524173.jpg

eddieg said:
You cant go by those stats it says right on your screen shot the phone has been plugged in since last full charge.

8hrs can be achieved off a full charge, that's not counting trickle charges.

8hrs can be achieved off a full charge, that's not counting trickle charges.

Your right it sure can but you cant go by what you say you got cuz your phone was plugged in during this cycle! Try again without plugging in during the discharge cycle and post another screen shot.

eddieg said:
Your right it sure can but you cant go by what you say you got cuz your phone was plugged in during this cycle! Try again without plugging in during the discharge cycle and post another screen shot.

Normally when my phone is plugged in the battery stat resets to zero. What you saw was lengthy phone calls and music play. Maybe this is what your look for, a stat with a little heavy Internet use.

View attachment 3704

bab2010 said:
that's on really good battery you are having there.

If you're really just playing music or listening to the radio over wi-fi, your battery will last longer. However it got trickle charged while on the radio dock from 56% to 74% while playing the radio.