What's new

Replaced the camera, got better, now it's worse (white apple boot icon only)

dniemeye

Reaction score
  1. I replaced the camera module on my iphone 4s (due to the LED light was constantly on, even when shutting down, and it was rebooting itself with light immediately on). Worked great. Long enough for me to install IOS7 and get the phone backed up to my itunes.
  2. I was so proud of myself, and then I was just putting the phone back in my soft case and immediately the phone turned itself off. It wouldn't boot unless I had a charger hooked up, but even then it would only run for about 10 minutes before the screen would dim just slightly and the phone would freeze, no response to any button except pulling the charger off, then it would turn itself off.
  3. Now 2 days later it's even worse. It tries to boot up for 7 - 10 seconds (with the charger hooked up) (the white apple icon on a black screen) and then it shuts off, screen goes black, and it restarts itself again to the white apple icon for 7 seconds and does the same thing again..
  4. HHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!
Dave

Connect your phone to a charger and push the home and power button simultaneously to reset it.

I've done that a million times. No luck. I do have some progress though: I read about holding the home button down when reconnecting it to the computer and it restarts and goes to a screen showing the cord hooking up to Itunes. Itunes on the computer then sees the machine and says it needs to be restored. Warnings come up that it will be wiped out, which is fine with me. It tries to restore it for about 2 minutes, the phone restarts itself and then itunes says it can't be restored, that error 21 is causing it to not be able to be restored. I read about all kinds of things to do, be sure it's the only USB device (besides my keyboard and mouse) and be sure it's hooked into the back of the computer, not the front, restart the computer. No luck, still error 21. Nothing I do on the phone changes the screen except I can hard boot it with the top and home button held down. Still just goes to the iphone connection screen, whether or not it's hooked up to the computer or just the AC charger.

HELP!!

Tried a trick prescribed in some youtube videos about error 21 and moving the hosts file, did that, there was no mention of anything apple in that file anyway, still same error 21. (I put the host file back, it's stupid that some would say to delete that, it's used by my other web publishing software titles). So now I'm wondering if it's a bad battery??? I checked the battery when out of the phone, reads about 4 volts across 2 of the connections. So still wondering if it's the battery or is there a more specific way to check out the battery...