What's new

Battery issue iOS 5.0.1

diesel

Reaction score
Anyone else having extremely fast battery drainage issues with iOS 5.0.1?
I am on untethered jailbreak on a custom Ipsw preserving baseband 01.59.00 for the unlock.
I charged my iPhone to 100% 5 hours ago and now it's at 5%. Wifi was ON throughout as I am at my place, 3G and Cellular data are OFF. Only played like 10mins of Real Racing 2 and that's it.

I am on untethered jailbreak on a custom Ipsw preserving baseband 01.59.00 for the unlock.
I charged my iPhone to 100% 5 hours ago and now it's at 5%. Wifi was ON throughout as I am at my place, 3G and Cellular data are OFF. Only played like 10mins of Real Racing 2 and that's it.

Hi there. There is a certain amount of battery drainage with ios 5.0.1 but not to the extent you are talking about.

There has to be something that is running in the background that is causing this. Check out your notifications, any applications that are running in the background that you don't need.

Also, go to Settings - General -Location Services - System Services and turn off everything from iAds down. Then turn Location services off.

Check and see if bluetooth is on as well and turn that off.

if the problem persists, you need to do a clean restore/setup as new through itunes.

Mind you, if you went to 5.0.1 from a previously jailbroken ios, and did not do setup as new, there are possible issues.

Try what the person above said. Thats going to be your starting point. If no avail and Not trying to be rude but this has been discussed many times over. A quick search and you could probably find 30 threads on the this topic. I get it thou looking for a quick answer well sometimes the quickest way is to just look it up yourself.

How old is your iPhone? If you certain that your battery is not that old, check your settings and turn things OFF there.

There is a helpful list of things you can do to try and rectify your battery solution. [Moderator edit: Removed link to external iPhone-related site. Please, read our rules! Thanks.] and report back if any of them work!

Last edited by a moderator: