What's new

Ultrasn0w iPhone Unlock iOS 5 Updated To 1.2.4 For 3G, 3GS, and 4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
People updating their devices to iOS 5 and requiring an unlock will be happy to know Unltrasn0w has been updated. The 1.2.4 includes iOS 5 support for users who have been preserving their basebands on their phones. iPhone 3G and 3GS users can now use Ultrasn0w on iOS 5 with the following basebands:

iPhone 4 users can unlock their device if they have:

These are the currently the only basebands supported by this unlock. Others will have to either buy unlocked phones from places like eBay or Craigslist, or you can simply buy a factory unlocked device from the Apple Store.

So viewers, how long have you been preserving your baseband?

I havent since I am factory unlocked ;p

but seriously the more you preserve the baseband the more its harmful to your phone.

Unleashed how did u get factory unlock did u buy it like that ?

I havent since I am factory unlocked ;p

but seriously the more you preserve the baseband the more its harmful to your phone.

Can you please let us know what way preserving baseband is harmful?

my baseband for my Iphone 4 is 4.11.08 - .. so is there no way to unlock it yet ?

What about these guys and the dozens more like them? No

Last edited by a moderator:
my baseband for my Iphone 4 is 4.11.08 - .. so is there no way to unlock it yet ?

What about these guys and the dozens more like them? No

There is no software unlock that will unlock it you either use a sim solution like gevey sim or go to the carrier and 9 times out of ten they will unlock it,

Those websites are scammers who take free tools and sell them, only they claim it works with firmware that it does not work with and you end up with 10000 problems

This is what I thought.. yet their ads/sites are very convincing...and I need it unlocked so its easy to be lured.

The carrier will only unlock it once the contract has ended...so that wont happen.

unlocking that way in an official way is much better then trying to rely on these unlock methods. I would rather wait and have my phone officially unlocked, ultrasn0w you have to be on the right baseband and gevey sim wont always work for every firmware it will stop working