What's new

"Battery information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes"

MrFrank92

Reaction score
My iPhone 6 starts saying this and didn't really let me see the battery's percentage of usage. I don't know exactly if it could be related to the fact I had my battery replaced about 10 days ago, but my sister too replaced her battery and did not have this glitch. Does anyone know something about this? How do I fix it?

I get this too from time to time on my original battery. Worst thing is that the "couple of minutes" is a lie.

Well then, glad to hear I'm not the one with this pain in the neck, but.. How did you fix it? (tell me you did, please. :D)

Well then, glad to hear I'm not the one with this pain in the neck, but.. How did you fix it? (tell me you did, please. :D)
Fix? No, it eventually goes away, only to return on other occasions. I theorize that because the iPhone isn't used enough (AppleCarPlay, using iPad) that it doesn't get the kind of use that would keep it cycling as it should and I don't remember to drain it more often. But that's a guess.

Fix? No, it eventually goes away, only to return on other occasions. I theorize that because the iPhone isn't used enough (AppleCarPlay, using iPad) that it doesn't get the kind of use that would keep it cycling as it should and I don't remember to drain it more often. But that's a guess.
Well, so.. There's really no option to restore the normal values of usage, aside from using it? That's a crap.
Could it depence by the fact that the battery is new? Really annoying, anyway.

Hummm.... do you leave you iPhone unplugged (not charging) for long periods. I always leave my iPhone changing when not in use, like when I'm sleeping. iPhone will leak battery life even when screen-locked. The only way to prevent this is to turn off you iPhone when not in use.

Well, so.. There's really no option to restore the normal values of usage, aside from using it? That's a crap.
Could it depence by the fact that the battery is new? Really annoying, anyway.
1) my battery is 26 months old
2) there may be a way to fix it but I have never really looked for it. Once I charge my phone completely and use it, the situation goes away.
3) leaving your phone on charge always is not good for the battery. The ions need to move around and go negative for good battery life. The fact that mine has a 26 month old battery that is still working is validation of that, I think.

I had this problem with the Battery stats not showing on my 6S when purchased over a year ago. i tried everything from force quitting settings, hard resetting and even restoring to factory settings to no avail. The Apple resellers, whom I bought from, checked the battery which was okay and said they would send back the phone for a replacement. As this meant being phoneless for three days, I decided to live with it. The situation seemed to improve over time and various updates, but still sometimes I just have to wait until the Stats decide to show!

I had this problem with the Battery stats not showing on my 6S when purchased over a year ago. i tried everything from force quitting settings, hard resetting and even restoring to factory settings to no avail. The Apple resellers, whom I bought from, checked the battery which was okay and said they would send back the phone for a replacement. As this meant being phoneless for three days, I decided to live with it. The situation seemed to improve over time and various updates, but still sometimes I just have to wait until the Stats decide to show!
What a crap... that's unexpected for Apple's standards...

Anyway.. I made all the software operations to have it fixed, such as battery recalibration, hard reset, reset all the settings, total reset and back up it, reset in DFU mode.. nothing ever works.

What does this could be caused by? I followed the iFixit guide very strictly and battery was working perfectly execept for this message, but I was wondering if it could be due to a collateral damage to something. I investigated so far by forums and repairers and I have my iPhone reopened: everything was fine, according to them, except for a small hollow on the logic board, nearby the battery connector, probably caused by the pressure I did for extracting the battery. I haven't experienced other kind of malfunctions, yet; my iPhone is working fine and this is the only thing that makes me worry. The repairer however said this would have turn in a bigger matter if I have really damaged it, such as a deeper malfunction. Do you think I could have damaged irreversibly my iPhone's battery connector or logic board? Is there a way to ensure I didn't do nothing to my inner components? Is the message "Battery information will be available after using iPhone for a few minutes" a familiar issue to anyone here? Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help me if you can, I'm quite desperate. :(

Don't misunderstand MrFrank92
But Did Apple repair your iPhone in the first place?
If not how can you say that's unexpected for Apple' Standards

Don't misunderstand MrFrank92
But Did Apple repair your iPhone in the first place?
If not how can you say that's unexpected for Apple' Standards
That's why I'm not complaining about Apple's assistance, but about the fact that Apple products may present this issues even without third part reparation, like carolineM reports. ;)

Actually, I'm a Apple Fan and I've got many iPhone/iPad in the years, but there are things that get easily bugged or that may present some problems.
Even my problem, for instance, might not be caused by third part reparation because I have it replaced with a original battery (the technician who did it had a iRepair Point and had let me see what does happen with an original battery taken from an iPhone==> the problem with battery usage still occurs), but it's realistically a software bug.
That's why I wanna find out myself and try to fix it. I'm an Apple addicted too, but guess it's more fair to see the flaws beyond the merits. :)

That's why I'm not complaining about Apple's assistance, but about the fact that Apple products may present this issues even without third part reparation, like carolineM reports. ;)

Actually, I'm a Apple Fan and I've got many iPhone/iPad in the years, but there are things that get easily bugged or that may present some problems.
Even my problem, for instance, might not be caused by third part reparation because I have it replaced with a original battery (the technician who did it had a iRepair Point and had let me see what does happen with an original battery taken from an iPhone==> the problem with battery usage still occurs), but it's realistically a software bug.
That's why I wanna find out myself and try to fix it. I'm an Apple addicted too, but guess it's more fair to see the flaws beyond the merits. :)
I don't think it is accurate or fair to call what we are describing as a flaw.

I don't think it is accurate or fair to call what we are describing as a flaw.
Why? Anyway, I didn't mean fuel an argument with anyone, but just get some advices or tips about my situation, for me and whoever is in the same position, and try to fix it. I'm sorry if I looked argumentative, but that's not the point of the post.

If you read though this again the seller was quite willing to send it back for replacement. But CarolineM did not wish it.
She would have had a brand new phone, no problem.
She is not complaining about Apple. Why did you not give your iPhone back to Apple for repair in the first place?
Was it out of Warranty?