What's new

iPhone 6 batteries frying

aaronstockstill

Reaction score
I bought my iPhone 6 in January and a couple months ago my phone would just start spontaneously shutting off out of nowhere on its on. After a while of doing that, it shut off and never came back on again. I put a new battery in it and then it started working fine again. Then I used someone's authentic apple charger and wall adapter and then woke up and my phone was dead, and never didn't come on again. So I bought another battery and replaced it and then a few days later I did the same thing. Used his iPhone 6 charger with only 1amp of power and it did it again, never came back on after shutting off it wouldn't even charge. I bought another battery and now the phone won't even turn on at all. I have the latest update, it was doing this before 8.3. I use a 2.1 amp LG wall adapter and some off brand lightning cable it it works fine until I use an authentic one and it fries the battery.

Your iPhone 6 is under warranty, You could have taken it in to an Apple store.

Brother I'm pretty sure I voided that warranty whenever I opened that phone myself and took the battery out and adhesive strips and changed the screen out myself twice. But there's no visible damage.

Brother I'm pretty sure I voided that warranty whenever I opened that phone myself and took the battery out and adhesive strips and changed the screen out myself twice.
Yes, That's why I said could have.

Apple will know that you opened the phone and will refuse to service it because of that. It's always recommended to let Apple check out your iPhone first if it's still under warranty.

You should bring your iPhone 6 to fix or reinstall the firmware, because I'm using iPhone 6 now and it has been 5 month now and no problem at all.

You should bring your iPhone 6 to fix or reinstall the firmware, because I'm using iPhone 6 now and it has been 5 month now and no problem at all.
This has nothing to do with the OP's problem, which involved problems that started after a home repair job.

One of the many benefits of buying an Apple device over android etc is that you can walk into the store and more often than not they'll sort the problem there and then. The amount of leads / earphones I've brought back over the years more than justifies the premium pricing. But yeah, they won't touch it now. There are plenty of good online repair services though (iCracked for example) so hope is not lost.

But android is still better and if u have a Samsung they will send u to a Samsung repair shop in ur home town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my iPhone 6 in January and a couple months ago my phone would just start spontaneously shutting off out of nowhere on its on. After a while of doing that, it shut off and never came back on again. I put a new battery in it and then it started working fine again. Then I used someone's authentic apple charger and wall adapter and then woke up and my phone was dead, and never didn't come on again. So I bought another battery and replaced it and then a few days later I did the same thing. Used his iPhone 6 charger with only 1amp of power and it did it again, never came back on after shutting off it wouldn't even charge. I bought another battery and now the phone won't even turn on at all. I have the latest update, it was doing this before 8.3. I use a 2.1 amp LG wall adapter and some off brand lightning cable it it works fine until I use an authentic one and it fries the battery.

I had my Samsung Tab Pro tablet after 14 Moths (Two Months out of Warranty) all of a sudden the housing split open. I also have HAD a Samsung III phone,using the same charger it poped off it's back panel and the battery was very expanded.
I felt it was the charger but at first Samsung just said it's out of warranty SOL. They wanted me to pay around $80 just to have it checked, then what ever the repair cost would be, they would deduct the $80. They did say they would send a free UPS shipping label.

I again contacted Samsung told them both tablet and phone batteries were being destroyed by a over charging charger that was not shutting off. Told them children used the tablet and what if it burst into flames? I think I will contact the US Government safety people because many Li type batteries have caused fires and people have been badly burnt.

Well I was quickly told they Samsung wanted to fix the tablet and replace the charger. I would pay nothing it had been a big mistake not getting it done quicker.

Repair was done you can't tell it from a brand new tablet.

So I think even you replacing your old batteries your self,Apple should give you a new charger and a new battery. It's worth trying.

Last edited:
One of the many benefits of buying an Apple device over android etc is that you can walk into the store and more often than not they'll sort the problem there and then. The amount of leads / earphones I've brought back over the years more than justifies the premium pricing. But yeah, they won't touch it now. There are plenty of good online repair services though (iCracked for example) so hope is not lost.

When I took my Samsung III phone into Samsung at a BestBuy and showed the expanded battery, they just said go to Batteries Plus and get a new battery,I said what about my over charging charger? Guy said I have no answer for you.
So much for an android phone, I had a iPhone4 before and it always worked no battery problems. My mistake was getting an android phone. You live and you learn.

I had my Samsung Tab Pro tablet after 14 Moths (Two Months out of Warranty) all of a sudden the housing split open. I also have HAD a Samsung III phone,using the same charger it poped off it's back panel and the battery was very expanded.
I felt it was the charger but at first Samsung just said it's out of warranty SOL. They wanted me to pay around $80 just to have it checked, then what ever the repair cost would be, they would deduct the $80. They did say they would send a free UPS shipping label.

I again contacted Samsung told them both tablet and phone batteries were being destroyed by a over charging charger that was not shutting off. Told them children used the tablet and what if it burst into flames? I think I will contact the US Government safety people because many Li type batteries have caused fires and people have been badly burnt.

Well I was quickly told they Samsung wanted to fix the tablet and replace the charger. I would pay nothing it had been a big mistake not getting it done quicker.

Repair was done you can't tell it from a brand new tablet.

So I think even you replacing your old batteries your self,Apple should give you a new charger and a new battery. It's worth trying.
I have always had no problem getting Apple to replace batteries that show wear but they are very firm about self repairs voiding the warranty.