What's new

iPhone 6 battery problems (I think)

XYAV

Reaction score
So here's the run down.
  • My iPhone 6 was working perfectly until I got a $15 charger from 7-11 because my regular charger broke.
  • I used it and noticed my battery has been running down SUPER FAST
  • One day it completely died and didn't want to come back to life.
  • I changed the battery, and it turned on! But accidentally broke the LCD screen (I saw grey lines), so I bought a new LCD, charging port and a new battery just in case.
  • When the LCD screen, battery, and new charging port came in, the phone didn't want to turn on again! NO BIGGIE, I bought a new battery!
  • So to be 100% sure I fixed this problem I changed the LCD screen, the battery, and the charging port.
  • It worked! (For a week)
  • One morning my phone was on 100% and I kept it on the charger (a REAL iPhone charger) and while listening to music, it shut down on 100%.
I don't know what's going on and it is annoying. The phone is super cold and basically a paper weight.
I plug it in a wall and my laptop, nothing!
I've been using an old Android phone in the mean time. (Its been weeks)
What's going on? Can anyone help?

The third party charger you used could have damaged the power management circuit on the motherboard. If so, the iPhone would likely need a new motherboard. Unfortunately, Apple won't repair the iPhone as you've attempted your own repair. See if an independent repair shop can run a diagnostic to see just what the problem is.

The third party charger you used could have damaged the power management circuit on the motherboard. If so, the iPhone would likely need a new motherboard. Unfortunately, Apple won't repair the iPhone as you've attempted your own repair. See if an independent repair shop can run a diagnostic to see just what the problem is.
When you say the power management circuit on the motherboard, that's just the logic motherboard, right?
If so, I can buy it and replace it since it's inexpensive. If that doesn't fix it, I'll just beg for a new phone as a grad present lol. Thanks!

While the price of an iPhone 6 motherboard may be cheap from places like eBay, (Apple does not sell replacement motherboards), it's most likely counterfeit or salvaged from an iPhone that may have been reported as lost or stolen. Also, it's not a simple repair as the entire iPhone has to be disassembled to free up the motherboard. If the motherboard came from a lost or stolen iPhone, you could end up with a blacklisted iPhone after your efforts. You'll also lose Touch ID and related functions such as Apple Pay as the Touch ID button has to be matched to the Touch ID circuitry on the motherboard.

While the price of an iPhone 6 motherboard may be cheap from places like eBay, (Apple does not sell replacement motherboards), it's most likely counterfeit or salvaged from an iPhone that may have been reported as lost or stolen. Also, it's not a simple repair as the entire iPhone has to be disassembled to free up the motherboard. If the motherboard came from a lost or stolen iPhone, you could end up with a blacklisted iPhone after your efforts. You'll also lose Touch ID and related functions such as Apple Pay as the Touch ID button has to be matched to the Touch ID circuitry on the motherboard.
Aww crap crud! I guess it would be easier to sell the phone as parts and buy a new phone huh.

It might be better if you any private stuff in there to just take a hammer to it a few times and let life go on good luck

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

I have had 3 iPhones 6 with battery issues. Had a apple charger maybe bad as it got very hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had 3 iPhones 6 with battery issues. Had a apple charger maybe bad as it got very hot.

While it's perfectly normal for a charger to warm up as its charging an iPhone, if it gets too hot to hold comfortably there's something wrong with it. You should stop using it immediately. BTW, Apple chargers have the same 1 year warranty as iPhones and other iOS devices.

Apple replaced 2 phones under warranty before we noticed the charger heat. It was hot uncomfortable not just warm. We just threw it away.