What's new

Battery Drain 4.2.8 on IP 4

mds93

Reaction score
Updated my phone wednesday, think i had 4.2.6 before, ever since the update my battery is draining quickly, has anyone else had this problem.

Battery is draining about 30 to 40% faster since update

What iOS are u having now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im keeping pretty close tabs on this because im always gone away from home and chargers and i dont want to always be worrying about using my phone because of battery

I work 12 hr shifts and gone from home 14 hr at a time, before updated my phone my battery no matter what would be around 50 to 60% when i got home. The last 2 days it has been at 17% one day and 18% the next day

Today i talked on my phone for 40 min and has been on standby for 1hr and 40 min and battery is at 80% already.

Hope apple fixes this soon

You may need to restore your phone. I have no such problem with 4.2.8. Battery life is great.

I'm having the exact same issue. I updated from 4.2.6 to 4.2.8 two days ago and a battery that was lasting multiple days made it about 6 hours before it was completely dead today.

Found on a Verizon forum that if you update your phone using *228 it fixes the problem. Just tried it, will let you know.

Also since updating my 3g signal has been going in and out a lot, showing o instead of 3G, it has never done this before.

i just did the *228 thing, ill let yall know if it works

I just got my iPhone and have done *228 a few times but still my battery only lasts me a day tops. Is that normal? So far not real happy with the battery life. Is it my apps? Thanks in advance guys

yes thats normal of any smart phone you buy today ... unless you barely use it then it lasts for days, also make sure you have the 3g bluetooth..etc off when you dont use it that will save more battery life

After running the *228 update, I have not noticed any improvement. I am having to recharge my battery twice per day now. I have uninstalled nearly all of my apps, am monitoring network usage and see no clues. If I put the phone in airplane mode it cools off and the battery drain seems to stop. If I put in airplane mode, the phone gets warm to the touch and the batteryt drain is like 1% per minute or so.

Mine seems to be a little better, this is what I did

Reset location warnings under settings, general, reset

Did both programming options under *228. Option 1 and 2

Went to Calendar and unchecked my Calendar

Lastly hard reset my phone and charged it

Phone has been unplugged for about 16.5 hours and is at 60%, haven't used much though, probably have about 1hr of use since unplugging

My battery drainage seems to be significantly worse with 4.2.8. What I think is fairly close the the same daily use as before is draining my batter at nearly twice the rate.