What's new

Apple Responds To Antenna Problem On iPhone 4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
15-jobsemail-400x254.jpg

The guys over at Engadget contacted Apple over the reception issue when you hold the bottom left side of the iPhone 4. Apple response was:

Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.

So there you have it; change the way you hold your iPhone 4 or buy Apple's(or any other) iPhone 4 case, Bumpers. I, personally, don't seem to be having any reception problems, but I've heard putting a case on it fixes the problem.

Source:Engadget

I realize Steve Jobs is a busy man (understatement) - but to be honest these "couple word" replies he sends to people, especially with this type of information in them is really getting on my nerves.

If you can't give a good response, don't respond.

If you are going to belittle legitimate complaints, let someone else respond with at least a hint of care.

This is a design flaw... and yah, it may not be the end of the world but touting this awesome antenna design you should have figured out a better solution then just "don't hold it that way"

Just my 2c.

That's just annoying, but when making calls I never hold it like that to block the antenna so it's ok not really a prob

yes i agree with you this is a design flaw,
now some twitter users are experiencing problems with the iPhone 4' s signal, alot of them have experinced a signal failure.
to myself I am very impressed with iphone4 so far. well may be time would supply the lack, understanding Apple's Magical iPhone4 and get iphone4 free resouces and tips, this column I run into is not bad: Aneesoft.com Tutorials and Tips

buy a bumper and end the problem. The phone is still inexpensive for all it gives you... the only other solution get an evo and not have antennae problems, just carry around a battery backup source..

bumpers used to be free with the iphone, but i dont see how one would help, i still have two from my iphones in 2007

I've tried to short out the antenna, cell signal stays the same. The wifi only drops one bar.