What's new

Is an updated iPhone 4 antenna design on the way?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-4-antennas.jpg

The rumor comes from an unlikely source but a source that would have potential inside information none the less. So what's the rumor? Well it appears that Apple has redesigned the antenna design in order to minimize (or rather, fix) the design problem that they refuse to admit too.

This problem has been discussed ad nauseum but essentially it boils down to not being able to hold the phone in the manner you see fit and unacceptable attenuation resulting from from the design.

So who do we have to thank for this juicy tidbit of information? I'll let BGR explain it as they certainly do a better job then me.

The news comes courtesy of Marco Quatorze, Tecel’s Director of Value Added Services. Telcel recently began offering the iPhone 4 to its customers and Mr. Quatorze was on the record when he explained that his company would have the same version of the iPhone 4 that is sold in the U.S.; complete with antenna attenuation issues. He noted that Telcel’s customers would be eligible for a free case until September 30. Quatorze then stated that after the 30th a new revision of the iPhone 4, with some sort of internal antenna fix, would be made available by Apple.

Via: BGR.

hmm, perhaps im lucky and get the fixed version then?
I got my hopes up!

hmm, perhaps im lucky and get the fixed version then?
I got my hopes up!

Are you still waiting on yours ? I would like to know if the antena issue is a regional
Thing ? Or just prone to failure based a certain users tendency to death grip the phone ? I have not had , but 1 dropped call in three weeks. I would attribute that to normalcy though ?

The antenna issue effects all phones.. But only when skin comes in contact with the bottom left corner. I can't even tell a difference unless I'm already in a low signal area.(1-2bars)

Where do you live Rizzla? Go to an Att store or an apple store. They get thier shipments in a couple times a week. Just ask and show up early.

so what about those that already have the issue? do we get to have an exchange??? :(

Where do you live Rizzla? Go to an Att store or an apple store. They get thier shipments in a couple times a week. Just ask and show up early.

Thanx, I would if I could, but I live in Norway a bit up north, no App store around here unfortunately. ..

iphone-4-antennas.jpg

The rumor comes from an unlikely source but a source that would have potential inside information none the less. So what's the rumor? Well it appears that Apple has redesigned the antenna design in order to minimize (or rather, fix) the design problem that they refuse to admit too.

This problem has been discussed ad nauseum but essentially it boils down to not being able to hold the phone in the manner you see fit and unacceptable attenuation resulting from from the design.

So who do we have to thank for this juicy tidbit of information? I'll let BGR explain it as they certainly do a better job then me.

The news comes courtesy of Marco Quatorze, Tecel’s Director of Value Added Services. Telcel recently began offering the iPhone 4 to its customers and Mr. Quatorze was on the record when he explained that his company would have the same version of the iPhone 4 that is sold in the U.S.; complete with antenna attenuation issues. He noted that Telcel’s customers would be eligible for a free case until September 30. Quatorze then stated that after the 30th a new revision of the iPhone 4, with some sort of internal antenna fix, would be made available by Apple.

Via: BGR.

There is very little chance of this happening as Apple would lose loads of money as they would be basically giving away the phone and they have already sorted out the problem, giving us the free cases!