What's new

Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Has To Come

pianoman said:
Release dates for all iPhones except the 4S have been June. I'm expecting a summer release for the 5. Some rumor sites agree with me. The 4S was just late. A June release will put some of us 3 months shy of renewal contract date - but AT&T has always let that slide for an Apple new iPhone release. They'll give us reduced price 9 months into contract like they did for 3GS buyers back in the day. Think JUNE folks! :)

It will be October this year. The iPhone 4S actually exceeded projected demands. If you read Apples's SEC filings along with other reports they hint that holiday sales actually helped with maintaining that demand. It also allowed for better inventory management and production from Foxconn. That gives Apple four very solid quarters, which the share holders now love. If iPad sales keep lead times of more than 2 weeks into May, then there will be no doubts of an October release.

Skull One said:
That statement is factually incorrect. The iPhone 4S was designed and in test production before the first 30+ nanometer single chip LTE/3G were in production. And those units were power hogs. The first single chip 28 nanometer chips didn't go into mass production till Dec 2011. Which is why the iPad (3rd Gen) was finally able to implement them.

Doesn't mean they can't swap them out

csdalton said:
Doesn't mean they can't swap them out

Please tell me you are joking. Or at least explain how you deal with the frequency shifts and the issues it creates without a redesign and recertification thru the FCC.

Norstadt said:
Well my upgrade is available at the end of March. Can't wait any longer.. so I guess I'll miss out on the i5

I sound like me by not waiting. But you may find it worth while. At least wait until May to see what happens, just 2 more months! You can do it!

I sound like me by not waiting. But you may find it worth while. At least wait until May to see what happens, just 2 more months! You can do it!

And then if it's not out by May, just a few more months, then a few more months! Heh.

I do know that if the iPhone 5 is far superior.. I will be horribly devastated if I have the 4S. But if I need a phone.. I need a phone. Don't want to be waiting for the newest thing.

Norstadt said:
And then if it's not out by May, just a few more months, then a few more months! Heh.

I do know that if the iPhone 5 is far superior.. I will be horribly devastated if I have the 4S. But if I need a phone.. I need a phone. Don't want to

View attachment 5611

be waiting for the newest thing.

I don't blame you. The 4S isn't bad at all! As a matter of fact I was in your situation last October. I was going to wait for the iPhone 5, but I needed a phone, an iPhone. So I got the 4S, and I don't regret it either. I also have AT&T service which is normally two to three's or more faster than Verizon & Sprint.

Release dates for all iPhones except the 4S have been June. I'm expecting a summer release for the 5. Some rumor sites agree with me. The 4S was just late. A June release will put some of us 3 months shy of renewal contract date - but AT&T has always let that slide for an Apple new iPhone release. They'll give us reduced price 9 months into contract like they did for 3GS buyers back in the day. Think JUNE folks! :)

It's not necessarily that it was late, it was also in conjunction with adjusting the iPad release dates and starting to bracket out further apart during the year. Keeps sales momentum going. I'm going to venture a guess we'll be closer to September/October on the release.

It will be October this year. The iPhone 4S actually exceeded projected demands. If you read Apples's SEC filings along with other reports they hint that holiday sales actually helped with maintaining that demand. It also allowed for better inventory management and production from Foxconn. That gives Apple four very solid quarters, which the share holders now love. If iPad sales keep lead times of more than 2 weeks into May, then there will be no doubts of an October release.
Yep. Makes perfect sense. Though helping shareholders was not the reason for the delay of 4S. They simply had technical troubles getting it ready in time. It was an unforeseen problem as they had still hoped/planned for a June release last summer too. The fact that it worked out well for holiday season.. and momentum etc was a side benefit that they've now built into their plans going forward.

Last edited:
Yep. Makes perfect sense. Though helping shareholders was not the reason for the delay of 4S. They simply had technical troubles getting it ready in time. It was an unforeseen problem as they had still hoped/planned for a June release last summer too. The fact that it worked out well for holiday season.. and momentum etc was a side benefit that they've now built into their plans going forward.

I never suggested what caused the original delay nor would I ever suggest it was due to stock holders. Personally, I am glad it worked out the way it did. Apple's stock has managed to climb above the glass ceiling created by a false sense of "Apple can't survive without Jobs". Now that they have, I suspect the stock will climb to $650 on or after the iPhone 5 is introduced. The only way I expect it to go above $700 is if iTV is successful.

I never suggested what caused the original delay nor would I ever suggest it was due to stock holders. Personally, I am glad it worked out the way it did. Apple's stock has managed to climb above the glass ceiling created by a false sense of "Apple can't survive without Jobs". Now that they have, I suspect the stock will climb to $650 on or after the iPhone 5 is introduced. The only way I expect it to go above $700 is if iTV is successful.
Yes, we agree 100%. Are you a stockholder yet? I remember it bottoming out at $62/share in early '09. THinking - I should get in. I didn't.. $100 came/went, $250/came went, $300/came and went.. always an excuse.. $500 COMES AND GOES.. Unreal.. I feel like such a dolt.. Today -DowJones is up +218 -- and Apple's stock is up $15.89/share to $567... aaaargh.... Now it seems too expensive to buy to get any real gains.. And the iPad3 hasn't even shipped yet.. It will hit $650 LONG before the iPhone 5 is released, Skull. I'm jumping in 'today'. Waiting any longer - is just foohearty.
:-/

pianoman said:
Yes, we agree 100%. Are you a stockholder yet? I remember it bottoming out at $62/share in early '09. THinking - I should get in. I didn't.. $100 came/went, $250/came went, $300/came and went.. always an excuse.. $500 COMES AND GOES.. Unreal.. I feel like such a dolt.. Today -DowJones is up +218 -- and Apple's stock is up $15.89/share to $567... aaaargh.... Now it seems too expensive to buy to get any real gains.. And the iPad3 hasn't even shipped yet.. It will hit $650 LONG before the iPhone 5 is released, Skull. I'm jumping in 'today'. Waiting any longer - is just foohearty.

Stupid me. I did exactly what you did.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

pianoman said:

Yeah now it's past $600;)

Yeah now it's past $600;)
Well actually just $585. But still. The time is now.. It's expected 30% higher in this next year AT LEAST. But don't QUOTE me. I won't be responsible for your losses.. LOL!!!

pianoman said:
Well actually just $585. But still. The time is now.. It's expected 30% higher in this next year AT LEAST. But don't QUOTE me. I won't be responsible for your losses.. LOL!!!

Same difference. Apples now 599.55;)

Attachments

• $image-1469960332.jpg
    $image-1469960332.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 394
Same difference. Apples now 599.55;)
Yep. Too expensive to buy now. You can't make any $ when the individual share price is so high. Same problem - Google has now at over $600/share. Unless you have piles of cash. If I'd have gotten in at $300 - different story. The train's left the station with Apple. It's only good for large corporate portfolio's now - not the small investor. In my opinion.

Face it -- we just missed the opportunity of a lifetime in '09. Should have followed my instincts. But I had no cash then.. :-(