What's new

Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Has To Come

Should have proofread the reply before posting to free post of confusing mistakes.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Expect iPhone5 to share much with the new iPad.

LTE for sure now that the door has been opened.

Technarchy said:
Expect iPhone5 to share much with the new iPad.

LTE for sure now that the door has been opened.

I'm eager to see what it will look like, and what the specs will be. My iPhone 4S gets the job done quickly, but I could imagine it being even faster with that A5X chip.
But my download speeds are pretty good, and after the update it says 4G instead of 3G. Check out this stat!

View attachment 5492

Those are some nice speeds. Your lucky to have access to ATT's 3.5G HSPA+ network. Every one that has an iPhone on Verizon or Sprint is still stuck with 3g and sub 2Mbps up/down data rates. Although I average about 15Mbps down and about 11Mbps up on Verizon's LTE network. Along with sub 60ms ping rates as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714 said:
Those are some nice speeds. Your lucky to have access to ATT's 3.5G HSPA+ network. Every one that has an iPhone on Verizon or Sprint is still stuck with 3g and sub 2Mbps up/down data rates. Although I average about 15Mbps down and about 11Mbps up on Verizon's LTE network. Along with sub 60ms ping rates as well.

Now those are speeds I wouldn't mind having!

Now those are speeds I wouldn't mind having!

Yeah they are 5x better download and about 30x upload, than my DSL connection.

Only problem is that 4G comes with a price to your battery. I can easily kill my stock 1850mAh battery on about 5-6 hours under heavy data usage.

Last edited:
Quicksilver7714 said:
Yeah they are 5x better download and about 30x upload, than my DSL connection.

Only problem is that 4G comes with a price to your battery. I can easily kill my stock 1850mAh battery on about 5-6 hours under heavy data usage.

Wow! Well their suppose to be creating more energy efficient LTE chips that can convert between LTE and 3G, instead of two separate chips working.

Wow! Well their suppose to be creating more energy efficient LTE chips that can convert between LTE and 3G, instead of two separate chips working.

Yep. I always said apple would wait until a 3g/4G chip was available. The only current problem with LTE is, at least on Verizon, that it's a Data only connection. Verizon's has said tia they are currently testing Voice over LTE. But this still means that both the 3g and 4G radios are always on. Unless you switch your phone to 3g only.

Quicksilver7714 said:
Yep. I always said apple would wait until a 3g/4G chip was available. The only current problem with LTE is, at least on Verizon, that it's a Data only connection. Verizon's has said tia they are currently testing Voice over LTE. But this still means that both the 3g and 4G radios are always on. Unless you switch your phone to 3g only.

3G/4g chips have been available since before the iPhone 4s that's why peoples phones with 4g on it work in a non 4g zone

3G/4g chips have been available since before the iPhone 4s that's why peoples phones with 4g on it work in a non 4g zone

That statement is factually incorrect. The iPhone 4S was designed and in test production before the first 30+ nanometer single chip LTE/3G were in production. And those units were power hogs. The first single chip 28 nanometer chips didn't go into mass production till Dec 2011. Which is why the iPad (3rd Gen) was finally able to implement them.

MrPaco said:
September 2012

I sincerely hope so. My upgrade is due in October. Just in time for the rush to be out of the way.

Do we know when the press conference will be? Although with Steve Jobs missing, it won't seem the same.

Name it the iPhone SJ!

Release dates for all iPhones except the 4S have been June. I'm expecting a summer release for the 5. Some rumor sites agree with me. The 4S was just late. A June release will put some of us 3 months shy of renewal contract date - but AT&T has always let that slide for an Apple new iPhone release. They'll give us reduced price 9 months into contract like they did for 3GS buyers back in the day. Think JUNE folks! :)

Well my upgrade is available at the end of March. Can't wait any longer.. so I guess I'll miss out on the i5