What's new

App password

antainso

Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a way to stop apps that have been purchased previously from being downloaded to another device. My children have ipods and are able to download any app that has been purchased and i am worried they may download something that they shouldnt use.

I am wondering if there is a way to stop apps that have been purchased previously from being downloaded to another device. My children have ipods and are able to download any app that has been purchased and i am worried they may download something that they shouldnt use.
You can go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Installing Apps and slide the switch to off. If you make sure your children do not have the restrictions password for the device they are using, they won't be able to download any apps, new or previously purchased.

The App Store icon will not even appear on the home screen when installing apps is disabled. This also means that you would have to turn on installing apps in order to update the apps on the device, then turn it off when you're finished.

$image-3802185030.jpg

Remember too, that if you share your Apple ID for iTunes, anything you paid for can be downloaded on the shared device at no cost. This includes apps, music, movies and anything from iTunes.