What's new

Question about Kindle on the iPhone 4S

PapaNoHair

Reaction score
I cannot find any place on the Kindle app to go to the website and purchase/download new books, etc. Lately I have had to do it from my iMac and then sync it. Am I missing something?

Back in June, Amazon updated them!indle app to comply with Apple's policy. Actually, they modified the app because they did not want to give Apple the contract-required 30% fee for every in-app purchase, which is what buying an e-book in the Kindle app was.

So now, you cannot buy e-books from within the Kindle app. You now have to go in with a browser or your personal computer.

So, nothing's wrong with your app and it's working as it's intended. Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

I actually discovered this problem last Friday night. I just had to open Safari on my iPhone and go to amazon.com to purchase the book - sent it straight to my wifes iPad while we were out.

Last edited:
Mickey330 said:
Glad to help. Oh, but I almost forgot! A few days ago! Amazon introduced the iPad Kindle Store, which makes browsing for a new book easier. Take a look at this article for more info: Amazon Has Found A Clever Way To Avoid Giving Apple A 30% Cut Of eBook Sales

Seems pretty cool, though I've not used it myself (I usually don't browse the books on Amazon - I go there to buy a specific item). Maybe it'll help you?

Marilyn

Whats the difference with the kindle store? I mean what exactly is different than browsing at the kindle section?