What's new

A complex question about VLC

dwagner88

Reaction score
I have the VLC app on my iPad. My iPad is synced with my girlfriend's laptop, so this app is backed up to her laptop, but was purchased on my iTunes account. I'm getting the VZW iPhone next week, and I want to have this app. I can't download it anymore because Apple pulled it from the store, but it is backed up on my girlfriend's laptop. My question is will it be possible to either pull the app off the iPad to put it on the iPhone, or can I somehow copy it from my girlfriend's laptop and import it into iTunes on my laptop to sync it to my new phone? Complicated question I know. Thanks in advance for any help!

Usually you can log into your iTunes account on upto 5 different computers and as long as you have each computer authorized you can download all your apps again for free. I don't know if it will work with apps that have been removed.

You could always find the ipa file for vlc on your girlfriends computer and copy it to the same folder on yours. Make sure you have your computer authorised first. iTunes should then find vlc and transfer it to your iPhone. Let us know how you get on...