What's new

VLC app - need help!

soundzen

Reaction score
can someone help me get rid of a folder that appeared inside my VLC app, on my itunes during an iPad synch, please?

when i want to put a AVI movie on my ipad i add them to my VLC player (which i did correctly today as you can in the picture below) but somehow a folder persists to stay from last month, called INBOX which contains a 700mb movie, i want to get rid off!

i cant find a delete function (only rename is available) and since i want to erase the folder, i would like to know if there is another way to delete it without having to upload all my current movies at the root of VLC player?

VLCfolder.png

Do u see that folder on your vlc app in your device? If yes, have u tried to delete it from your device? Actually i'm able to delete everything form the vlc right from my device, so that should work for your as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for tip but i can´t see any folder on my ipad under VLC app... all i see is the main list with thumbnail for each movie located at the root of VLC when i run this app... heres a capture of my VLC menu ;)

securedownload.png

Last edited:
the only reason i can explain the presence of a INBOX folder on my ipad is that there was indeed such a folder (which i erased from my PC today) with had a movie inside i must have transferred onto my ipad last month along with other files.

im going to erase all the movies and redo a synch from a clean start when associating AVI files to VLC app, hoping the folder goes away now that it doesnt exist in my pc.

you can try downloading one of those iphone browsers for the pc and navigating to the folder where vlc stores the videos. If you see the folder you despise so much, you can delete it :)

iphone browser for mac OSX? please tell me more (if it means not using iTunes) ;)

iphone browser for mac OSX? please tell me more (if it means not using iTunes) ;)

You would need to be jaibroken to use any sort of iPhone browser. I don't know of any for mac (I'm on windows) but you could use open SSH and cyberduck...

you can use an app called iphoneexplorer on mac free and you dont need to be jailbroken to access your app store apps.

you can login with iphone-explorer and delete the folder

http://www.macroplant.com/release/iPhoneExplorer-Mac-2101.zip

now it will only let you access the app store apps if you want to access the iphones files you will need to be jailbroken but for what you need to do you wont need jb

Didn't know you could get to the app store apps without jailbreak,

Thanks for the info...

no worries :) i used to use it to upload the cheats to my games and i still do because its easier to find the apps rather then trying to find them in ssh with any ftp client or winSCP, you open it and there they all are. there is a windows version of the client also on the website