What's new

VLC app Videos Lose voices

spong128

Reaction score
I have the VLC app installed for my iphone and although its a great App, I'm finding that with certain videos that I downloaded (even though they are still in .avi format) I can only hear the background audio, but none of the actors voices come through.

I wanted to know if there was anything that I can do to fix this, or if there are any suggestions or other Apps (preferably free) out there that will rectify this?

This seems to be the case with the VLC App on my iPad too.

Thanx

sp

cineXplayer is good but not free, also vlc was removed from the app strore now so dont count on any upgrades

cineXplayer is good but not free, also vlc was removed from the app strore now so dont count on any upgrades

What for...?

i dont really understand it but here is why...

Apple has removed VLC from the App Store after receiving a formal notification of copyright infringement from VLC developers.

The notification of infringement was filed because Apple’s iTunes Terms and Conditions don't allow users to install both free and paid apps on more than 5 devices. This goes against the original GNU license VLC's code is based on.

VLC developer Rémi Denis-Courmont said, "At last, Apple has removed VLC media player from its application store. Thus the incompatibility between the GNU General Public License and the AppStore terms of use is resolved - the hard way. I am not going to pity the owners of iDevices, and not even the MobileVLC developers who doubtless wasted a lot of their time. This end should not have come to a surprise to anyone."

iClarified - Apple News - Apple Removes VLC From the App Store

Ahh. VLC is completely free you can install it on as many machines as you like. Apple only let's you install it 5 times with one iTunes account. Don't quite understand why it had to come to removing it but I think that's why they did.

Does that mean if I delete it from iTunes I can't get it back...?

thats stupid, what do they care about that? and who even has more then 5 idevices and installs it on all ?

Well vlc is open source. That means you can use it without restrictions. App store rules has restrictions, which makes it not open source anymore.

Back to the original problem. Have you tried deleting the vlc and reinstalling it. Make sure you have backed it up in iTunes first since it's no longer available. I think you will have to sync it again from iTunes...

no i havent but if itunes has it backed up im sure you wil be able to re install it. like restoring,, but i update i never restore. i have cineXplayer so i guess i could risk it

thats stupid, what do they care about that? and who even has more then 5 idevices and installs it on all ?

Probably not too many people have > 5 devices, but VLC also has to abide to the GNU license, the 5 device thing is going against the GNU license that VLC is built on.

Probably not too many people have > 5 devices, but VLC also has to abide to the GNU license, the 5 device thing is going against the GNU license that VLC is built on.

oh well, its their app they can do what they want... i think they are being stupid but im just glad i installed it before it was removed

thanks everyone for your suggestions... i will try to un-install it from my phone and re-install it again.

failing that, so is the consensus from everyone that cinexplayer is the one to get? if so, i may just get that app, unless someone thinks there is a comparably better app for watching videos.

thanks.

spong128

I've never encountered a problem with VLC on the iPhone or PC and have yet to come across a video it can't play.

I have several QuickTime vides that iTunes should play and recognise to put on my phone but doesn't. VLC plays them on both. I think reinstalling the app should work. Have you played them on the PC version on VLC...?