What's new

Anyone getting the iPhone SE

I

And secondly, why couldn't apple just have waited until September and released the iPhone 7 in three sizes to cater for everyone, a 4 inch, 4.7 and a 5.5?

That's not difficult for them to do surely..

 to fans:
Your love gives me such a thrill
But your love don't pay my bill
I need money ...

There's a sag in the growth in iPhones, you maybe heard about. Most anyone who needs to pay $800 for a handset already has. So to show the shareholders revenue there is this offseason burst.

Also, there is tremendous pressure growing outside the walls, and not just from Samsung. Plenty of regionals in Asia are producing topline flagships at a quarter the price of the iPhone and Galaxy line. Someday even the fanboy will notice.

Stay tuned ...

I recently upgraded to the SE from a 4s. I did so for the impressive jump in screen size, the 12mp camera, and the great battery life.
Seems like you're a patient loyal fan for Apple:p

I watched the Apple event and found it very interesting that a 4" iPhone is still very much in demand. I was shocked to be perfectly honest.

So my question is, is there anyone on the forums itching to get their hands on the SE? If so--why? I'm going to assume the smaller screen size but there may be other reasons as well.

TIA
I want to hear about that too..

I know thats why I was so surprised at the popularity of it. I can't even imagine using a 4" screened smartphone as my daily driver. I think they are really targeting the emerging markets and China with this handset?
The market in China is completely different. There xiaomi & huwaei dominating their market with their phablet products. Those products are really cheap, popular and quality devices..

The SE is going to be a great little phone- if you're used to the size already then go for it- I know that I am more than happy with the 6s plus- my mom on the other hand just ordered her SE this morning- kinda excited about it for her- cause she is the one who kept her Nokia for like 7 years before going to the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best wishes for her & why don't you do a report about that??

The SE screen presents 323 PPI? Isn't that identical to the three-year old 5S? And aren't Android devices with flagship specs available with 5"+ screens at half that $399 entry price?

It all depends on how brand bound we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are in completely love with iPhone no matter how the quality is..

I'll be switching from a 6 to the SE. I have no need of a large phone since I only use it for phone, text, email and listening to music. I'm not one that spends all day and night staring at my phone. I rarely check social media stuff and when I do I use a computer. I don't watch movies/videos or play games on it, and I use dedicated video and camera equipment for my picture and video needs.Sure i snap a picture here and there on my phone, but it's usually not worth saving, it's more for showing someone in person then it gets deleted.

I think the larger screen size is great for people that only have one device, but for other people that use different devices for different things, the smaller sized device is nice. And yea, I'm probably older than most around here, but I've been working in the tech industry for nearly 30 years and have a ton of experience with tech devices, so age doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing :)
Sometimes it feels good to have all those options which are completely missing from SE. But who cares?? We love our iPhone the way they are..

I was just had another experience on Iphone SE today in Sundan. I'm sure that's really unuitable for me. I luanched safari browser and found ads filling the screen. Few words it shows at a line and no way i could reduce the font size. It's really light, suitable for my hand but anyway, i prefer to browse at the webs in safari so i won't choose it. Seriously.

After using an old iPhone 3GS, I became an Android user, then bought an iPhone 6s and again, went back to Android, but since I bought my 64Gb SE I'm a happy camper.
Phablets are horrible to carry, need very big battery capacities, and special chargers. My SE is the perfect combination of powerful and fast modern cellphone, battery lasts 2 or even more days with average usage, it has a great camera and is super portable.

I got an SE a few weeks ago, I like the size, easy to use, handle and will fit in my pocket easily. The processor is fast the graphics fantastic & battery lasts longer than my previous 5c.